GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Have any pics of the Atlas you could share? My folks have a TDI Q7 and have been considering replacing it with an Atlas. Would love to see how it looks with a lift and Wildpeaks mounted!

-Geirsen

The B2BFab lift kit has camber correction which most of the other kits don’t have:

3D3707DD-5804-478D-90C4-EB4D4D888079.jpeg

A9263AFF-C2B4-495F-A783-69A384A5FA47.jpeg

CD5EA8BD-4CD0-46AD-BC57-348819BD8DAE.jpeg

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Thanks for sharing! That setup looks perfectly dialed-in IMO!

I'm really looking forward to the day when we finally get the green light to develop wheels for the overland/light offroad SUV/truck market. :cool:

-Geirsen

I’m sure they would be well received. My Wife is already talking about her next set of wheels, we’d be 💯 interested 😉

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Hey all, hijacking the thread with an off-topic question real quick!

I just got a set of take-off GTI front calipers from a coworker and I was planning to install them with new rotors, pads, and lines on my Sportwagen. For those of you who have done this before, do ya'll have any good DIY resources that you could refer me to? I've seen a bit of controversy from my research so far as to what is required for the swap. Any tips/tricks or part recommendations would be very appreciated!

IMG_2699.JPG

Thanks!

-Geirsen

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7

I just got a set of take-off GTI front calipers from a coworker and I was planning to install them with new rotors, pads, and lines on my Sportwagen. For those of you who have done this before, do ya'll have any good DIY resources that you could refer me to? I've seen a bit of controversy from my research so far as to what is required for the swap. Any tips/tricks or part recommendations would be very appreciated!

View attachment 271113

Thanks!

-Geirsen
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-the-312mm-front-brakes-to-a-mk7-golf.338138/

Thinking it should be similar to this, but with 340mm rotors and pads.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
After bending an 18” superspeed, finally had an excuse to downsize to 17s. Very happy with the extra tire. 17x8.5. 235/45. They easily clear the prodigywerks 312 set up. The superspeeds at 18x8.5 45 offset had a few mm. Now there’s room for my whole finger.

Attachments

• 234DF4B5-07DD-44D8-9196-4C41CDCFADAD.png
    234DF4B5-07DD-44D8-9196-4C41CDCFADAD.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion

View attachment 271113

Thanks!

-Geirsen
Not much to it. Replace the caliper bolts (WHT010085), carrier bolts are safe to re-use. Believe the carrier-to-knuckle bolts for the sportwagen are shorter for the steel knuckles. Replace rotor screws.

Make sure you have a flare wrench for the lines. Hold the pedal to the floor with a breaker bar against the seat while you've got the line off. Pressure bleeder + 29psi is what the service manual calls for and it's worth listening to. CRC silaramic on the backs of the pads will help quiet them down.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
After bending an 18” superspeed, finally had an excuse to downsize to 17s. Very happy with the extra tire. 17x8.5. 235/45. They easily clear the prodigywerks 312 set up. The superspeeds at 18x8.5 45 offset had a few mm. Now there’s room for my whole finger.

Looking good! Have any more pics of the car you could share?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-the-312mm-front-brakes-to-a-mk7-golf.338138/

Thinking it should be similar to this, but with 340mm rotors and pads.

Not much to it. Replace the caliper bolts (WHT010085), carrier bolts are safe to re-use. Believe the carrier-to-knuckle bolts for the sportwagen are shorter for the steel knuckles. Replace rotor screws.

Make sure you have a flare wrench for the lines. Hold the pedal to the floor with a breaker bar against the seat while you've got the line off. Pressure bleeder + 29psi is what the service manual calls for and it's worth listening to. CRC silaramic on the backs of the pads will help quiet them down.

Thanks ya'll, looking forward to tackling this job soon!

-Geirsen

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Hey all, just got my SM-10s today and they look incredible, can't wait to get them on the car! Question though, were they supposed to come with valve stems? If so I'll shoot an email to Apex, if not I guess I'll have to order some up...

*Pic because I'm so excited about these, my first set of brand new wheels

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hey all, just got my SM-10s today and they look incredible, can't wait to get them on the car! Question though, were they supposed to come with valve stems? If so I'll shoot an email to Apex, if not I guess I'll have to order some up...

*Pic because I'm so excited about these, my first set of brand new wheels
https://www.apexraceparts.com/store/accessories/tpms/bmw-oem-tpms-valve-stems.html

the ones they sell are pricey but really nice compared to the dull grey ones you'll get at most tire shops

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ah shoot, I should've ordered those with the wheels. I don't want to delay the tyres getting mounted this weekend so I'll just go with whatever the shop has
Just ask them what they use. First time I got my new wheels' tires mounted, they used some huge truck valve stems that stuck out 4 inches 🤣