GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I am in. The SM-10s look so much better than any other offerings in the width I wanted.

Stoked to get some 18x9s on the front. My current Federal RS-Pros in 255/35 are almost too wide on an 8.5 rim. Switching out to PS4S or RE71R/AO52s depending on feedback. I love the RS-Pros in dry -to- lightly damp conditions, but they are disappointing in the rain.

Could have gone staggered, but wanted to eliminate spacers in the rear (well minus a 3mm if needed).

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
17's? I didn't pay attention when I pledged but I only wanted anthracite and don't think black was an option, think that was only in the 18's maybe??
Yes, only want 17x8.5. Bronze and Anthracite were the options. Since the car these are going on is DIB, I think black would have been best overall, but Anthracite will work. I have black Neuspeed 17x8.5" on my CFB so I could always swap them if I want (Also just got rid of my set of Neuspeed 17x8 RSe05 in black as well).

GolfR'n&Jeep'n

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' Golf R
Yes, only want 17x8.5. Bronze and Anthracite were the options. Since the car these are going on is DIB, I think black would have been best overall, but Anthracite will work. I have black Neuspeed 17x8.5" on my CFB so I could always swap them if I want (Also just got rid of my set of Neuspeed 17x8 RSe05 in black as well).
Yeah Black makes sense to me on Iron Blue, mine is the Deep pearl black so a gloss black didn't appeal to me at all, so the anthracite is perfect! I would imagine you could get them hydro dipped fairly cheap if you were really dead set on black, might even be a little extra protection

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I skimmed through and didn't see an answer to this, so apologies if I'm asking a question that's been answered. But, any reason you can't just run a mild spacer with 255s to keep it away from the filler (i.e. 5mm) aside from just generally not wanting to run spacers? Do you run into fender issues on the outside?

Also, is the pricing before the discount the expected retail when the wheels are just available for public sale? I'd love to snag a set as part of the group buy, but I've got a move and a few months of unemployment coming up this summer so funds/timing with shipping and all that don't fit the GB timeline as much as I'd like. Obviously, saving $250 or whatever is preferable to not, but for me I'm actually probably better off waiting until late summer/fall, even if I have to spend another $250. For that matter, what is the timeline for these wheels to be available for sale generally after the GB?

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I skimmed through and didn't see an answer to this, so apologies if I'm asking a question that's been answered. But, any reason you can't just run a mild spacer with 255s to keep it away from the filler (i.e. 5mm) aside from just generally not wanting to run spacers? Do you run into fender issues on the outside?

Also, is the pricing before the discount the expected retail when the wheels are just available for public sale? I'd love to snag a set as part of the group buy, but I've got a move and a few months of unemployment coming up this summer so funds/timing with shipping and all that don't fit the GB timeline as much as I'd like. Obviously, saving $250 or whatever is preferable to not, but for me I'm actually probably better off waiting until late summer/fall, even if I have to spend another $250. For that matter, what is the timeline for these wheels to be available for sale generally after the GB?

You are spot on about a spacer. I am running 18x8.5 et43 wheels currently. I added an 8mm spacer and could probably run a 10-12mm with an 8.5in. rim.

I will more than likely run a 3-5mm spacer on the 18x9 et42 variant in the rear.

Here is a link to my proposed setup. I have the 8.5in rims with the 8mm spacer factored in making them et35. For the 9in rims, I added a 3mm spacer making them et39. 10mm closer to my shock/gas filler, with 2mm more poke. So poke is comparable to if I was using a 10mm spacer.

willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=255&aspect=35&diameter=18&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=35&width2=255&aspect2=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=9&offset2=39

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
FWIW, I run 255s on a 8.5" width, et 45, no spacer, stock height suspension. No rub anywhere. If the car was lowered, would be a different story.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
If only I had room to store a second set of wheels. Looking forward to seeing pics from group buy participants!
8F486D1C-4279-4E2E-90AE-2324622107F7.jpeg

Already have my winter set in the living room, might need to ditch the couch for the Apex’s, girlfriend will NOT be happy.

(kidding, just need to get around to moving these to storage. Girlfriend probably still isn’t pleased about buying more wheels though 😬).

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
17's? I didn't pay attention when I pledged but I only wanted anthracite and don't think black was an option, think that was only in the 18's maybe??

Satin Black is only available on the 17x9" ET42 and 18x8.5" ET43.

First post on this forum and... pledged! Can't wait 'till May.

Welcome to the forums! You picked the right thread to make your first post in! :cool:

From our testing, 255's clear the GTI fuel filler by a few mm on the 17/18x9" ET42 depending on suspension and alignment specs. On a heavily lowered car with significant rear negative camber and aggressive tire compounds, you may get a bit closer for comfort. Spacers will likely cause clearance issues on the fender side, which can be alleviated by the fender screw mod or by adding some camber. Basically, if you are planning on running the most tire possible with rear negative camber for regular track use on a GTI, we recommend relocating the rear fuel filler to where it sits on the Golf R to ensure no contact is made.

The listed MSRP in the Group Buy (before the max $250 discount) is what the wheels will be listed for sale as once the GB ends. Regular retail availability will depend on how much of the first production run we sell through the GB. However, given the popularity of these wheels so far, we are already planning our second production run to ensure we do not run out of wheels during peak track season.

-Geirsen