GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

“Nice GTI”..........It’s an R!!!!!!!

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Next gen Type R will come with Naruto arms sticking backwards off the side. Confirmed.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
A friend of mine had a Mk3 GTI. One day in a parking lot...some random guy walked up to him and said..."nice Aveo".
idk why but this made me actually LOL at work

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I wouldn't mind a Focus RS. It's been at the back of my head for a while. I've seen a few driving around...and I like the look.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I wouldn't mind a Focus RS. It's been at the back of my head for a while. I've seen a few driving around...and I like the look.

I looked at one before I bought my R. The seating position was terrible, I couldn't get comfortable--and I'm not a big guy. Add on the head gasket issue and the dealer wasn't willing to budge off MSRP + market adjustment.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
I'd like to chime in that when I bought my car at a Honda dealer which was in the show room, there was also a white R right next to it. 2019 with 9k miles on it. I asked the dealer, why the heck he trade it in so new with barely any mileage? He said the previous owner complained it lacked style for what he paid and went with a Civic R. I'm like, wow, big change really. Like if you go from a Golf to a Civic R, you seriously didn't know what you wanted because they're so different in looks that it's crazy.

Yet, I understand him. The R is really lacking for the price when it comes down maybe "showing off" what you paid for? I'm not sure but again, going on this topic, if you don't know golfs, you wouldn't know the "R" cost 40k+ new. You might feel good owning one around VW heads but otherwise, nobody else would probably care or know whereas a person sees this rice rocket coming down the street with the hood scoop, giant rear wing, crazy wheels and they immediately think, wow, he must of paid a fortune! lol.
My only beef with VW in terms of style has always been the interior - it's too staid! It's comfortable and quite functional, but I'm a loud person that likes a ~touch of flair :LOL: That said, when you have money, you know it and you don't need to show off (and whew those Civic R's are a... look...). People who feel the need to show off their cash so ostentatiously are ridiculous to me... small pp energy and always will get left in my dust.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
My only beef with VW in terms of style has always been the interior - it's too staid! It's comfortable and quite functional, but I'm a loud person that likes a ~touch of flair :LOL: That said, when you have money, you know it and you don't need to show off (and whew those Civic R's are a... look...). People who feel the need to show off their cash so ostentatiously are ridiculous to me... small pp energy and always will get left in my dust.

I think they're a look to the casuals. My wife was with me in my car one day and a Civic R went by us and she immediately said, oh what kind of car is that?

I immediately went on to trash it but the impression it left was there on her so they do get attention, lol.

She also asks me what kind of car is that EVERY. SINGLE . TIME... that she sees a Camaro.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
LOL you can't really blame her, they look crazy precisely to draw attention so of course they're going to draw her eye when they drive by! Even for me it's impossible not to notice when a Civic R rolls up because it's such an assault on the eyes.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
LOL you can't really blame her, they look crazy precisely to draw attention so of course they're going to draw her eye when they drive by! Even for me it's impossible not to notice when a Civic R rolls up because it's such an assault on the eyes.
Exactly. I was trying to explain to her why it is so obnoxious. I don't think she got it though, lol.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

I feel like the interior of the MK7 is one of the best you can get in almost any production car. I think it's very handsome, well laid out and nice quality. One of the things I hate about the MK8 is that the interior looks significantly worse. I think they got it just right for the MK7.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
I feel like the interior of the MK7 is one of the best you can get in almost any production car. I think it's very handsome, well laid out and nice quality. One of the things I hate about the MK8 is that the interior looks significantly worse. I think they got it just right for the MK7.
Yeah I should've mentioned that it's my general beef with VW; the subtle changes they made to the interior for the mk7.5 were actually what cemented my decision to buy mine because I felt it was the best interior I'd ever seen from VW! But maybe I'm too much of a gamer always thirsting for more shiny LEDs...

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

Any production car?

The MK7 has the nicest interior in its class, and it’s definitely batting above its weight but it’s in no way even close to the best of any production car