GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Let's have a chat about winter/snow tires.

Located in Wisconsin, frequently drive down country roads that get blown over with snow and deep drifts along with around town where it tends to be a little wetter/slushier. My city also is pretty awful about plowing/salting so hardpack snow that turns to ice around intersections is exceedingly...
  2. S

Let's have a chat about winter/snow tires.

Currently running Blizzak LM001's (225/45/17) on my car and have been deeply disappointed in them especially after this recent storm. I've had a variety of Jettas over the years and some of the highlights from my experiences with those have been: - Blizzak WS60 on my Mk3 Jetta - General Altimax...
  3. S

MK7 TSI Golf Manual or DSG?

At least in the US, the standard Golf TSI hatch doesn't have the DSG, just a plain automatic. The alltrack/sportwagen I believe both come with the DSG though.
  4. S

Non-dsg auto, replacement paddles?

At least for extensions I have seen numerous stick on options, but the BFI is the only one I can see that seems like a whole dedicated paddle so far
  5. S

Mine is an SE, non-DSG, and has paddles.
  6. S

So BFI just launched their new shift paddles, and they specifically say that they have a fitment for the standard Golf automatic (seems to be same fitment as the mk6 dsg)? I was under the impression that you couldn't replace the paddles on the non-dsg models? Would any mk6 dsg paddles...
  7. S

Leyo DSG shifter knob

Do you know if the threading on the knob is like a standard size? Could I replace the Leyo knob with like a BFI or other knob? I know the Raceseng adapter is apparently non-standard size
  8. S

Rennwagen Spoiler Extensions

Will these fit a standard Golf? Tried ordering a Strafe and my experience with them so far is leaving a sour taste in my mouth
  9. S

sold delete

PM incoming
  10. S

Golf/Auto (Not DSG) shift knobs/similar options to Leyo?

To me the Leyo seems more natural, being basically the same idea as the reverse lockout that Ford has used basically forever (and my first car was a manual Contour). Pulling up on the whole knob just seems like a less-intuitive option. I'm definitely entertaining the BFI knobs too, just...
  11. S

Golf/Auto (Not DSG) shift knobs/similar options to Leyo?

Seeing what's our there for Auto shift knobs for those of us in Golfs with the auto (not DSG). From what i can gather most DSG knobs should work fine with the auto, and of what I've seen so far the Leyo knobs seem to be the option i like best (I don't like the idea of yanking up on my whole...
  12. S

ECS Tuning Spoiler

You have a link to this?
  13. S

WTB: IE Powerlink cable

Thanks, I ended up just hitting the bullet and getting one myself with the tune
  14. S

WTB: IE Powerlink cable

Looking to buy an IE Powerlink - anyone got one available?
  15. S

USB in Cubby Wattage Output

Looks like 5v 1A more or less. This was with spotify and google maps going via Android Auto
  16. S

2017(67) Android Auto via Bluetooth

This will be coming down the pipe at some point (hopefully) https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/ Not really sure where/how you could stash it without splicing into the original USB and routing into the center console/glovebox/etc but i suppose that would depend on the final product's...
  17. S

USB in Cubby Wattage Output

At least in my 2016 (with Android Auto) it seems to charge faster than it drains even with nav and music going - my car is in getting the sunroof checked for leaks right now but I'll check with my USB power meter once I have it back. I'd wager at least 5V 2A since it doesn't drain faster than it...
  18. S

MK7 GOLF ACCESSORIES

The Maxpider mats are only $10 cheaper than the Weathertech mats for a full set. And at least looking through carid.com, the next cheapest option is maybe $115-120, only $50 cheaper. For the record I've never paid full price for a set of weathertechs as I've always been able to find a used set...
  19. S

MK7 GOLF ACCESSORIES

As someone who deals with snow, salt, slush, ice etc for 6+ months out of the year (and mud another two), the weathertech mats are well worth the money IMO.