GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Anyone in the 150k+ miles club?

Looking at a few local Golf TSI (not GTI) with the Aisin 6 speed automatic... thankfully the higher mileage ones have all had the fluid flushed out so I'm not too worried about the transmission... frequent oil changes as well. I'm wondering if anyone has a Golf with 150k+ miles and how that...
  2. S

Short-throw ignition switch

Just test drove a mk7 Golf (one of those 24 hour dealership ones) and I was surprised that the car had a pretty short "throw" from the "On" position to "Ignition". All other cars I've driven it felt like I had to rotate the keys at least 45 degrees from the "On" position to get the tarter going...
  3. S

California GTI engine designation?

Interested in picking up a GTI eventually, but want to see if different states have different engine codes like they did for the mk6 (CBFA vs CCTA). Thanks
  4. S

Help me decide between 2012 and 2017 Sportwagens...

Hi, looking to get back into a vdub and narrowed it down to two choices-- 1. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen - 133k miles but under $5k, would have to get a PPI done. It's got the 2.5L engine which I am a big fan of and I'm pretty sure it'd drive like a slightly bigger version of my 2013 Golf and 2014 GTI...
  5. S

Mk7.5 front bumper redesign complaint

In the market for a new car, and of course mk7/7.5 is on the shortlist. My only complaint about the mk7.5 is this stupid crease that they've designed on the front bumper. I've went and photoshopped away the crease on a few photos and I think it looks a ton better.
  6. S

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I follow a lot of car-related pages on IG and every single goddamn day there's cars with its reflectors covered up with vinyl/paint/whatever. It irks me to no end that a safety feature would be bypassed and poorly at that! You can still see the indentations and the body lines where the...
  7. S

Golf vs Long Golf?

I am considering getting a more comfortable daily to complement my 2009 Miata. I never found the Golf to be lacking in storage space. Sure, on a Sportswagen I wouldn't have to take off the front wheel of my bike, but having that much space just seemed excessive to me. However, I have never...
  8. S

My GF doesn't coast while driving

I try not to be a couch quarterback when someone else is driving. I'm not the perfect driver and neither is anyone else I've met. However, for all the faults I've seen while driving, this one drives me up the wall the most. My GF, when driving, does not coast. She is either on the gas or the...
  9. S

FT/Feeler: Modded mk5 GTI for stock mk7

Feeling out the waters for a modded mk5 GTI for a stock mk7. I don't do the kind of driving that brings out the best of my mods and would rather live with something more A-to-B friendly. 2007 4 door, plaid seats, 79k miles, united grey, sunroof Mods United Motorsports Stage 1 tune Southbend...
  10. S

Any previous BMW owners here?

Hi all, selling my modded mk5 GTI to get into something more comfortable and/or making up for a E90 that I let go because I got cold feet. I am getting cold feet yet again, as it will not be cheap to keep a Bavarian automobile, but the allure of the straight 6 and RWD layout keeps me hooked...
  11. S

Audio shop recommendations

Hi. I'm looking to have my speakers upgraded with JBL amp and component systems and wondering if anyone knows a good place (preferably around Glendale, Pasadena, or Torrance area but willing to drive around for a job well done) Thanks!
  12. S

FS: H&R Spacers

FS- H&R Spacers with extended ball seat bolts One pair 8mm, one pair 10mm $60 for each, take both for $100 Add $20 for shipping Reason for sale is just downsizing to 3mm ones to avoid all the rubbing now that a lot of my commute consists of local roads with dips.
  13. S

FS: H&R 10mm spacers with extended ball-seat bolts

FS: 10mm H&R spacers. Hubcentric, includes 10 extended ball-seat bolts. $70 local, $80 shipped 5x112/5x100
  14. S

FS: 15mm H&R spacers

FS: 15mm H&R spacers. Hubcentric, includes 10 extended ball-seat bolts. $80 local, $90 shipped Selling because I downsized to 10mm in the rear.
  15. S

WTT 15mm H&R spacers for 8-10mm

I have a pair of H&R 15mm spacers (dual bolt pattern, 5x112 and another). Has the 57.1 lip and 10 ball seat bolts Will trade for 8-10mm. Hub centric and silver are my only requirements.
  16. S

Shameless plug--petition for left lane for passing only

https://www.change.org/p/jerry-brown-designate-left-lanes-for-only-passing-for-a-safer-highway-system On my recent road trip from Ohio to California, I found that Midwestern states actually do a really good job of using the left lane as the passing lane. Sure, some people might be a little slow...
  17. S

Hankook Ventus S1 noble 2

I downsized to 17" rims with these tires on them, previously had 18" wheels with Conti Extremecontacts. These Hankook tires run so stiff--I can feel a good deal more through the steering wheel and a little more through my bum. At first, I thought it was the pressure. I was doing 35 before and...
  18. S

How hard are these spark plug tips?

Ordered some OEM NGK spark plugs, and they did not come gapped. Wide open past 0.050. I'm not the strongest guy around, but I've put as much force as I can while sitting down and the gaps just won't go down to 0.032 I saw some videos use a hammer (albeit very gently) or a channel lock plier...
  19. S

FS: Huffs with Conti Extremecontact DW (Socal)

FS: set of Huffs with Conti Extremecontact DW tires. Plenty of tread left, some curb on the wheels. $450 local More here: https://imgur.com/a/LuNhYg9
  20. S

Who's on Bilstein B6?

Interested to see if anyone is using the Bilstein B6 with lowering springs. I'm thinking of going with the APR springs, as they offer the least amount of drop (and hence the least reduction in suspension travel). I just want a little bit of drop and maybe 10mm spacers in the rear.