GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mk7user

Ross Tech Micro Can VAGCOM

Ross Tech Micro Can VAGCOM for unlimited customization of Mk7 & earlier VW's. $100 Shipped 2nd Day Tracking included. DM me directly.
  2. Mk7user

HVAC Feet Setting = no blowing air @ feet

With the 95°+ heat wave finally breaking after 3 weeks, AC blowing up towards my chest & neck actually feel cold. So decided to set the vents to feet only. Noticed no air coming out towards feet. Only side vents. Is this normal ?
  3. Mk7user

When is it too late to get a engine tune?

My car just hit 40K+ miles in a little more than 3 years . Is it too late for me to join the tune fun? Would like to get into the 300+hp/tq range. Any hope for me?
  4. Mk7user

MK7 OEM Items for Sale: Rear Tail Light Set & Side Mirrors

SOLD Selling my 2015 MK7 OEM Rear Tail Light Set (2x inners & 2x outers) Clean condition with no cracks or scratches . Made one adjustment to them & installed DeAutoKey LED's into the Reverse lights. Else everything else is OEM & works. Just swapped to 7.5 rears, so I would like to send...
  5. Mk7user

FS: OEM MK7 GTI wheels x4 (Richmond or DMV)

SOLD Selling a set of stock MK7 GTI wheels. Wheels were switched out @ ~35k miles. The wheels are in really good condition with only 2 scrapes on same one wheel (see pictures) Otherwise, any no other deep gauge scrapes or scratches. Surface bleshmish you see are water spots or left over...
  6. Mk7user

Best way to remove surface scratch from Windshield?

Was washing my car this past weekend & notice a surface scratch -not deep cut, cracked nor gauged - on the windshield about 2 inches going east to west right above driver's sight line. I tried to rub it out with a microfiber & some Invisible Glass but couldn't make any progress. What's the...
  7. Mk7user

Passenger Window Squeaky Noise

Maybe answered before but I am looking for a root cause & try to remediate it myself before bringing into dealer. When I roll my Passenger window up or down, it emits a squeaking noise all the way down or up. Not sure if something needs lubricated or the rubber surrounds need lubrication or...
  8. Mk7user

Rattling Around Driver Door Window?

Wonder if anyone has this problem: When driver door window is all the way up - there appears to be a rattling noise emanating from the upper part where the window meets the window frame. Now the moment I lower the window, the rattling goes away. So I surmise it is the Window not 'fitting'...
  9. Mk7user

VW DG Lowering Springs for Mk7 GTI or Golf

Brand New Unopened Genuine VW Driver Gear Lowering Springs set (4 F&R) - perfect match for Mk7 GTI or Golf. $220 Shipped anywhere in CONUS. Part# 5G4071677E Lots of info & pics below but basically an avg. drop of ~.75" between front & rear & are stiffer than the ED springs...
  10. Mk7user

Any good rear hatch net solutions?

Looking for a net that keep[s things from rolling around in the back. Not sure if the 4 latches back there are the culprit in keeping things flat & not moving. Would appreciate any guidance on a net solution.
  11. Mk7user

ST Suspension Rear Sway Bar for Mk7 GTI or Golf

ST Suspension Rear Sway Bar fits Mk7 GTI or Golf. 25mm. Part# 51310 Brand new unopened box. $145 Free Shipping in CONUS.
  12. Mk7user

How to Improve GTI S Brakes?

So I bought my '15 GTI S prior to the Performance Pack being available. Always found that my GTI 's brakes were always on/off vs. linear in feel . So while sudden stops are good, brake riding & modulating to a stop is lacking - albeit a little too long distanced for my liking. Knowing what I...
  13. Mk7user

Is it too late to install springs?

After living with my car for a year , I've decided I want to install VW DG springs to improve handling & moderately improve appearance. Will also have spacers & the rear swaybar switched out also. Car will be 15K miles & is a daily driver with mixed city/hwy usage over moderate pavement...
  14. Mk7user

Bluetooth Phone calls/Music Streaming via Media Option on MIB1?

UPDATE This turned out to be a specific bad streaming app I was using. On other streaming apps, phone calls were handled with a pause in music/radio stream. So I am trying to take advantage of all the streaming radio stations available on the world wide web a bit more in my GTI. In...
  15. Mk7user

Sale: New VWR Springs for Mk7 GTI

SOLD on 09.01.16 VWR Springs for Mk7 GTI: New in box. Never been installed. Box was opened for delivery inspection. Members love these springs for nice drop while retaining stock ride. Entire thread here. Selling for $270 shipping included. PM me.
  16. Mk7user

Are Santiago wheels sold anywhere in US?

Looking for Santiago wheels. Any sources? Anyone ever done replica Santiago & has experience they can relay?
  17. Mk7user

Solely doing a Rinseless wash?

This is my first season ever doing rinseless washes for the winter. Using the Gary Dean one bucket method of essentially wet wiping down & drying the car. And if the car is extremely dirty, then go to a touchless car wash before hand to blast off the grime prior to doing the rinseless wash. It...
  18. Mk7user

How long to warm up GTI in Sub Zero temps?

Have read contradicting opinions on how long to warm up the GTI for in frigid subzero temps: 1) 5-15 mins idling 2) Drive gently until engine is at normal operating temps. I've never had a turbo before so I usually just did #2 for all my prior cars. Feedback please.
  19. Mk7user

OEM VW GTI Polished Stainless Steel License Frame x1

MINT: OEM Volkswagen GTI Polished Stainless Steel License Frame Had since Aug 2015. $25 Shipped or Local pickup in 23113 zip. Paypal only. PM me. In Great to MINT condition - no chips/scratches/blemishes:
  20. Mk7user

Corner Turn Lights (USA)

I have the Lighting Package on MY2015 GTI which also includes the corner turn lights that is actuated when the turn signal is activated or when the steering wheel is turned in either directions (both at night time). I love this feature but am not happy with the brightness of the light beam...