GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

MK7 Golf R Clutch Stuck To The Floor

Ended up buying the latest revision from the dealer hopefully lasts longer then 11k miles
  2. D

So just a case of removing the transmission and replacing the TOB. What is the recommended choice now in 2021 or are these TOB bound to fail regardless of which one you go for? 11k seems like a pretty short life span
  3. D

As it was almost 2 years ago now I dont remember but I remember reading on the forums at the time to make sure to use an updated version of the throw out bearing that comes with the kit. Seeming as its failed is there a specific one I should go for this time around so this does not occur again?
  4. D

I noticed some almost clear oily substance under my car that looks like it dripped out somewhere right around where the transmission connect to the engine...... is this the weep hole you mentioned above? Does this mean my clutch has been contaminated with oil?
  5. D

Did some googling and it appears it could be the Clutch Master Cylinder. My car is sitting at 38k miles, when it had 27k miles I had a DKM Stage 3 clutch and throw out bearing installed. Today was driving normally but all of a sudden when attempting to change from 2nd to 3rd the clutch pedal...
  6. D

Tune + Oil Changes?

Guess ill check out what color it is after a few hundred miles, I actually havent even driven it since making the post as its my second vehicle
  7. D

OBD Eleven - Worth it or not..?

Honestly I keep mine in my glovebox and its awesome little thing especially to give you detailed info on your car, also helps if you randomly generate a code whilst driving you can work out whether your car will make it home or not lol
  8. D

Tune + Oil Changes?

Well thats good news, I thought typically it wouldnt be that dark so early on. It was either Castrol or Liqui Moly I thought maybe it was a cause for concern but seems like maybe I was jumping the gun
  9. D

Tune + Oil Changes?

I got this R around 28k miles and switched out the plastic Sump for a Metal one so I know the oil must have been fully drained, I got my tune around 29k miles and drove it till 33.5k miles and noticed the oil was almost completely black almost diesel black is this normal? Stage 2 tune if it...
  10. D

An oh S*** moment, epc light on, cil flashing, car running on hardly no cylinders.

This exact thing happened to me, I had an oil change and was cruising home when all of a sudden I see the EPC light illuminated with no check engine light, I pull over and the only thing I see on OBD11 is 3 blank codes which I believe have always been present since getting the EQT tune and a...
  11. D

2016 Volkswagen Golf R Full Car Part Out

Passenger Side seat belt? Drivers side roof airbag? Headliner?
  12. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Is there a rev limiter on this tune? If so whats it set to and what would it be in neutral for us manual drivers? Finally installed my Borla Catback and you guys were deff right, despite previously having a Catless/ straight pipe into the factory rear muffler it was doing a great job at...
  13. D

thoughts on DKM STAGE 3 CLUTCH

Very grippy clutch but the chatter is pretty annoying especially with the AC on
  14. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Burbles fixed. They now work the same as other model years. It mentions this in the updated tune, Could you maybe post a video of before or after or maybe provide a brief explanation of the change. As you guys know I am running V2.01 and wanted more burbles. Almost have my exhaust setup on. I...
  15. D

Powder coated exhaust tips via mail order powder coating

That is awesome, I just bought an aftermarket muffler and was wondering if I should paint the tips as I really dont want the chrome tips they came with but this sounds like a better solution that would look alot better then high temp rattle can finish
  16. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I didnt opt for this as I thought I'd have a higher chance of blowing up the engine lol
  17. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Tbh to me it barely happens, Maybe im more used to how it was in my MK6 I do prefer the pops and bangs, I will mention in my MK6 with the pops and bangs there was no sensation in the car what so ever however whilst you can barely hear these burbles you can deff feel a slight jerk each time...
  18. D

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I purchased my Stage 2 tune and received it extremely quickly, thanks to Patrick. I did purchase a used Cobb and had a hardtime getting my tune to load however it turned out all I had to do was update the firmware on the Cobb and I was able to load my tune (Thanks Patrick) thats just some advise...
  19. D

Mk7 R DRL not working on one side

Only way to tell is to remove the headlights and switch over modules to see if its the light or the modules