GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. sprinks

$125 Shipped JB4 and no-tap harness

no bluetooth
  2. sprinks

$125 Shipped JB4 and no-tap harness

Selling a used JB4 and no-tap harness. Bought it used previously for the alltrack and never got around to installing it. My loss, your gain.
  3. sprinks

Golf key fob emblem replacement

I bought the updated logo. Turns out it is a bit more recessed and metal. Feels nice. 10/10 if you want an update. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264884832314?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7xlJwzvUTNG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=F9WK5IodTwC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  4. sprinks

H7 LED Bulb replacement for halogen

nah, most of them are trash. And i think won't pass the annual safety checks. Look into an aftermarket housing like the osram housing with full LED and DOT/TUV approval.
  5. sprinks

HID Bulb Replacement (FRUSTRATING)

if you used d2h bulbs, yeah, 10 months sounds about right in my experience. i recommend switching to the adapters (amp to d2s, someone posted them earlier) so you can run legit d2s bulbs. This may require some DIY to the housing seal (i think i had to drill a hole to run the cable out of, and...
  6. sprinks

What is with all the SPAM about gummies ?

mods asleep. Post gummies.
  7. sprinks

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

i'd honestly try him up again, or hit up Jack if he's still around. both do great work.
  8. sprinks

Headlight Options

7 years ownership and zero problems thus far.
  9. sprinks

Rear Brake Fire on track

my point generally being that rear brakes on FWD on track basically are there for the ride, especially with ESC off. Throw a track pad at em and call it a day was my point. :)
  10. sprinks

Rear Brake Fire on track

i will also add as a note for thought: The TCR cars run the 272x10 brakes, but also use track specific pads and no ESC (also very stoppy front brakes for proper braking, but let's focus back brakes for time being). I would recommend emulating that setup.
  11. sprinks

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nah, he posted it on a separate thread too. Glad poster is safe. That looks intense.
  12. sprinks

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

suddenly the toothofwar user handle makes sense.
  13. sprinks

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

i got to see the FCP euro TCR while still in white when it came down to VIR back in 2018. loved every bit of it.
  14. sprinks

Headlight Options

honestly, i'd give it a go at the polish first. yeah it won't be perfect, but it should be a significant improvement. and then if not, i'd be ebaying a new set of gently used OEMs.
  15. sprinks

Headlight Options

you know the US assemblies are similarly priced right? (gti pictured, but close enough)
  16. sprinks

Headlight Options

OEMs mean either get to polishing and reseal with clear OR look into OEM replacement (new or used, that'll run about 800-1000 per assembly iirc).
  17. sprinks

Potential

yeah i think if you don't want something with mods attached to it already, i'd pass on it. Some of us like the TCR because it's a part that the US never got (because we never got the TCR model).
  18. sprinks

Ugh, waiting months on a replacement headlight

@Bretterson do you want ebay links for a replacement housing? :D
  19. sprinks

Looking for doors...

Autohaaz in New Jersey is a vw/ audi dismantler. They have an ebay shop and seperate website. There's also enthusiast auto parts down in north carolina. I'd reach out to either of them.