GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Enabling TMC in the UK - is it possible?

@Lth0ms0n Myself and a couple of others are working on the Discover Media side of setting up custom TMC configs, if that helps we aren't quite there yet at the time of writing, but very close, (setup might be a bit easier with UK map setup)...
  2. C

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

I originally brought a RVC-High camera from Aliexpress (with the VW Logo/Handle) , but it was the 4M0980556A, which is a bit shit as there is no compatible dataset and I am not sure if anyone has successfully calibrated it. I just got a 5Q0980568B but when I pulled apart the Logo/Handle Camera...
  3. C

Enabling TMC in the UK - is it possible?

I've been on a mission here in New Zealand to try and get my TMC working... and this might be helpful in the UK as well.. A little bit of background, like Australia, NZ is served by two TMC providers... SUNA (intelematics) and HereTraffic. I would occasionally get an update on my unit from...
  4. C

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

When you modded installationManager did you just change the “plus” variant id or all of them, if you just changed the plus version then I would suggest trying to change all 3 id’s
  5. C

Retrofitting USB HUB (2 ports working with CarPlay/AndroidAuto/Storage)

Updated testbench Delphi to 0631D carplay now works on USB2, but USB1 is still not working, (swapped adapters and cables with no change) I also checked the wiring of both HSD cables from hub -> usb ports and they are both crossover
  6. C

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2/MST2 Delphi HeadUnit (MST2_VW_xxxxxD) patch [FEC/SWAP/CID/CP]Android Auto,CarPlay and many more

Not sure if you got yours sorted, but I just updated my Delphi Unit from 0231D to 0631D followed this guide: https://www.drive2.ru/l/575748544720274648/
  7. C

I am hoping to try update my 2XX Delphi unit to 6XX tomorrow (assuming my d-link adapter arrives, first one was a fake) I now have the serial connection working, but it seems to only spew log data (which is interesting to see as I now know the app names I want to interrogate, as the tmc...
  8. C

My USB adapters finally just arrived this morning, so connected the hub and usb connectors up to my test bench (Delphi Unit 3Q0 035 846, MST2_EU_VW_P0231D) but I am also having issues. Only the 2nd USB plug seems to recognise anything. When I plug my iphone in, USB1 doesn't do anything, but USB2...
  9. C

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

https://mibwiki.one/doc/sw-train-decoding-ZhFzTqov38 So your current Version is: MST2_EU_VW_E0220D Model: MST2 Region: EU Brand: VW (e.g. AU = Audi, SK = Skoda etc... also some models are VWG13 which means its is VW with a 9.2" screen) Platform: Not in your software train but usually it would be...
  10. C

Been having a dig around online and found a couple of posts of people who have done the retrofit... https://www.drive2.ru/l/525642425452986584/ https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=574496#p574496 (retrofit on a golf mk7 but on a polo forum :ROFLMAO:)...
  11. C

Hey @mr-fix Looking to hear how you retrofit goes (most interested in how you manage to wrangle enough space to insert the connector into the fusebox.) I just ordered a Hub and wiring kit from Aliexpress last night I was originally just looking to just put a second USB into the centre arm rest...
  12. C

OEM Wireless charger

I am looking to also do this retrofit next month, just sorting which parts I need to do this for RHD car as all the parts on AliExpress are LHD. For ref for those looking to RHD retrofit: 5G2 863 391K 82V (Cubby) 5G2 863 328E 82V (Cubby Rubber Insert) In the new style cubby with the wireless...
  13. C

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Just updated my gateway to 5Q0907530AM and it seems to work better but not quite right yet... when the front sensors trigger, it pops the rear camera open as well... but that might be a coding issue somewhere....
  14. C

VW Map Updates - Not Detecting Update on SD

Hey @Boogston To solve your problem you need to get to get your MIB unit recoded, and from what I can tell its more then just VCDS/OBD11 can do, I am messing with mine via M.I.B. which is a software toolbox that works with MIB2.5 units, I am assuming yours is a MIB1 unit? I am not sure what...
  15. C

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Quick update on my setup of not cutting into the loom, my crimp terminals and connectors turned up this weekend, I had to make a shot extension of the power line to the camera as it ended up been 20cm too short (seen here prior to the connectors arriving. I also re crimped the cam lines from the...
  16. C

Just posting some photo ref since there isn't a lot out there for routing the cables... Probably can do it without taking the bumper off, but its was a hell of lot easier when you have no idea where the wires are supposed to go...
  17. C

Decided to take the bumper off 🤣 Not as scary as I first thought
  18. C

So Xmas/News Years is slowing everything down as parts ordered at Xmas are only just shipping 😅 I ordered a bunch of mcon 1.2 LL & amp mcp 2.8 crimp terminals and connector housings so I can connect the CAN wires and the wire which is supposed to go to Fuse S32 to TIUL connector without...
  19. C

Rear seat release handle popped out

I do wish that ERWIN had a better search and more info on loom routing... but yes its a big help when I can get it working.
  20. C

Rear seat release handle popped out

Just to update the thread, I managed to unclip the two tabs holding the trim piece in, what a pain in the arse... so glad I had some old windscreen wipers around so I could use the inner spring steel to make a hook to get the tabs.