GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. freshpots

Suspension/Subframe (?) intermittent creaking after alignment on a brand new car

Hi all, TLDR at the bottom :) I recently picked up a brand new GTI (It's a mk8 but the forums are still a little quiet over there and from what I understand the 8 is pretty darn similar to the 7/7.5) and had VWR springs installed. The car had about 600 miles on it when the springs installed...
  2. freshpots

2018 Golf R DSG - rough shift from 1st to 2nd, & 2nd to 3rd in "D"

Hey everyone, Recently got a golf R with the newer 7 speed DSG. Since picking it up I've noticed that 2nd to 3rd is especially rough; best way I can explain it is it's like a new manual driver releasing the clutch a too late. I took the car to the dealer and they saw the intake and closed the...
  3. freshpots

Transmission mount replacement: can’t remove ECU protection?

So I got some CTS Turbo Engine and Transmission mounts. Installed the engine side easily enough, but couldn’t figure out how to get that metal bracket/plate/protector off of the ECU. ECS tuning has a super helpful DIY vid but their car doesn’t have this metal piece. Help anyone? Really want...
  4. freshpots

Downforce - Clubsport S

So every summer I change all my brakes, mount new tires, flush fluids etc etc, to prepare it for track days. Last summer I removed my rear seats and spare wheel just to lighten the car up a bit "a la Clubsport S style". But I was wondering, being a front heavy hatchback and all, do you think...
  5. freshpots

Changing the idle speed

Hey everyone, Does anyone know if it's possible on the Mk7 to change the idle speed? I want to change it to around 1000 RPM. Maybe even 1100.. I have quite a heavy clutch that doesn't like low revs. Also, it chatters like crazy at the current idle but at around 1k RPM the chatter is pretty well...
  6. freshpots

Intake Manifold Runner Flaps - Can I permanently keep them open? Annoying P2014

So I did a bit of research on this and couldn't really find a definitive answer and I was wondering if anyone could share some insight. I've had a CEL for the intake manifold flaps (P2014) and instead of replacing the intake mani under warranty (even though I can't because TD1), I was wondering...
  7. freshpots

Hit a MASSIVE pothole and busted oil pan.. Also...

My front passenger side headlight filled with condensation almost immediately after it happened and the DRL doesn't work! Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring for the headlights by any chance so I can see if something came loose?... Although it doesn't explain the condensation Side note -...
  8. freshpots

P2014 code - Intake Manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit bank 1a

Hey everyone! Been dealing with this code for some time now.. Before I go through all the trouble of.. 1) flashing it back to stock 2) taking it to my dealer, sweating my ass off in the waiting area hoping that they don't detect my tune 3) hopefully leaving the dealer with a new intake manifold...
  9. freshpots

P2014 Code - comes back instantly when cleared

Just had my car flashed to stage 2 and the tech that did it said he cleared a P2014 code and to come back to the shop if it happens again. Well I got on the highway, goosed it, and the code came back. I know its something to do with the intake manifold flap position sensor or something (bank...
  10. freshpots

BFI Stage 3 Clutch Kit and Flywheel for Mk7 GTI - install, first impressions, review

Unfortunately due to the holiday season, it took almost exactly a month for this clutch to get to my house. But finally it was installed last night - everything fit perfect, everything went smoothly... Not much more to say about that! Initial impressions - pedal is pretty damn stiff, not gonna...
  11. freshpots

Audi TTRS BBK REVIEW!!!

Some of you may have seen the threads I created because of the fitment issues I was having with these brakes. The fix was new rotors; I don't know how or why but the used rotors I got with my kit had somehow been modified and had just a sliiiiightly higher offset than normal. I took precise...
  12. freshpots

TTRS Brake kit install HELP!!!

Fuck my life. Today I went to go install my TTRS brake kit, everything is going smoothly. Slap the rotors on, install the new lines, throw the caliper on, torque down those 21mm bolts... Then I go to slide the pads in and the rotor is touching the caliper on the inside (the side closer to the...
  13. freshpots

Dimensions of the GTI Master Cylinder?

So I just bought a set of TTRS brakes (370mm rotors, 4 bot Brembo calipers) I was reading some reviews that people have posted on their performance, mostly Mk6 owners, both GTI and R. It seems as though the Mk6 GTI has a 22.2mm Master Cylinder, while the Mk6 R is 23.8mm The GTI owners reported...
  14. freshpots

Installed SS brake lines, and flushed ATE Type 200 fluid.. Brake pedal now squeaks??

So today I installed my SS brake lines from ECS tuning. That all went smoothly, no issues at all. Then I used a motive power bleeder to flush my new ATE fluid; in total I used up about 1.5L just to be safe. The only thing that I would say went wrong with the process was when I noticed that the...
  15. freshpots

Brake pad thickness for 2 track days..?

Ok so.. I've got about 7 or so mm of front brake pad thickness (EBC Yellowstuff) and this weekend I will be doing approximately 3.5 hours on the track (8x25min sessions) over 2 days. This is my last track event of the year, il be going back to my old OEM pads until next summer. My front rotors...
  16. freshpots

ST 25mm Rear Anti-Roll Bar first impressions

Let me start off by saying that I didn't spend too much time researching which bar is better for me and my needs, because the way I see it is that.. It's just a solid metal bar! HR was too much, Neuspeed was too much, but the ST bar was only 170 bucks and it was right in between the 24 and 26mm...
  17. freshpots

Car shakes when braking, only at high speeds

I don't feel it so much in the steering wheel but moreso the body of the car.. at around 100-110 mph, when I brake the car starts to shake. Doesn't happen at all at slower speeds. I've done 2 track days with this car, around 1.5hrs total. I can't see how it would be warped rotors? I have EBC...
  18. freshpots

GIAC stage 2 clutch slip......

Well it finally happened, after 1 track day and lots of clutch smell, when I floor it in 3rd, 4th 5th gear the revs jump about 150-200 rpm momentarily then come back down. Doesn't appear to slip in the higher RPMs. I don't know about you guys, but I don't need all this torque. I'd be happy with...
  19. freshpots

Cool tip for all Mk7 Golf/GTI owners

Everybody knows by now that the interior of the mk7, especially those with the piano black trim/carbon look trim, attracts dust like crazy and looks terrible. Buy a pack of unscented Swiffer sweeper pads and stick them in the compartment beside the steering wheel. These things are great for...