GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. The Butcher

FT: Full APR intake for VWR R600

Just seeing if anyone would be interested in trading an R600 intake for my APR intake. The carbon doesn't really flow that well after I put the manifold cover on. Local preferred so we can do an even swap, but I can work out shipping if needed. Located in 60067 IL
  2. The Butcher

Non vent gauge pod solution!

MK7 GLI, but we share the same steering column. Wanted to share this in case anyone wants a gauge mounted somewhere other than the vents. This is the New South MK6 kit and it worked wonderfully on my GLI. The only part that doesn't sit quite flush is nearest the steering column, but it's barely...
  3. The Butcher

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

I had a VW friend that I've known for about 10 years randomly ask, "So why is your screen name on all of the forums The Butcher?" And my reply, according to him "Made my life!" When I was in my early 20's (now 36) I was a body piercer. Long story short, a client came in to have her "hood"...
  4. The Butcher

FS: AUTHENTIC 3T Aerotundo 42cm Carbon Handlebars

For sale is a brand new set of very hard to find 3T Aerotundo Handlebars in 42cm that I never got around to installing. Picture of the serial number is included in the bar end. This is not a cheap knockoff 200 shipped to 48 state US
  5. The Butcher

034 Motorsports is really making a difference

If anyone hasn't seen, 034 has purchased 8000 KN95 masks and donated them 100% to healthcare professionals. I'll just post my Instagram post summing it all up. Make a difference my fellow humans.
  6. The Butcher

FT: 2019 GLI 35th Anniversary Wheels

Entertaining the idea of a possible trade. Wheels are in mint condition and have the stock garbage tires. Preferably local to Northern IL. Any interest?
  7. The Butcher

FS: TWM A6 Leopard 1+lb shift knob

Formerly on my MK6 GTI. Finish was originally white. I completely stripped it and polished it to a mirror finish via my bench buffer. I don't believe TWM is in business anymore, so this is very much a rarity. Weighs in at over 1lb. Looking for $100 local to Chicago or $108 shipped to 48 state US
  8. The Butcher

FS: TWM A6 Leopard 1+lb Shift Knob

Formerly on my MK6 GTI. Finish was originally white. I completely stripped it and polished it to a mirror finish via my bench buffer. I don't believe TWM is in business anymore, so this is very much a rarity. Weighs in at over 1lb. Looking for $100 local to Chicago or $108 shipped
  9. The Butcher

Punks not dead

I'm 36, I still listen to mostly punk rock. Is anyone in the same boat? The Suicide Machines just released Revolution Spring, their first album in 12 years and it's so good to hear a band from my youth staying true to the cause. Please tell me I'm not alone.
  10. The Butcher

For anyone wanting to run a 3" inlet with a non 3" intake

I recently purchased the Integrated Engineering turbo inlet pipe. On their website it clearly says that it will ONLY work with 3" aftermarket intakes. Clearly an effort to influence your purchase of their own intake as something as simple as a 3" to 2.75" silicone coupler will mate it to most...
  11. The Butcher

FT: GLI 35th Anniversary Wheels

Looking for a set of wheels for a trade. 19's preferably. The wheels have about 1300 miles on them and are practically mint. Local preferred.
  12. The Butcher

NW Illinois Wednesday Night Meets

Years ago I created the Tuesday night "meat" that was located in Schaumburg, IL. Usually we met at Five Guys or Westwood Tavern. Would there be any interest in bringing this back? I briefly got out of the scene when my MK6 GTI became a money pit, but just picked up a 2019 GLI 35th and it would...
  13. The Butcher

GLI 35th vs MK7.5 GTI

Both cars were stock. My Jetta is DSG. The GTI was manual. Pulled about 2 cars by 60mph. Not bad considering I'm running Blizzaks right now.
  14. The Butcher

Fallen Dubber in Iowa

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?p=76911735 As some of you may have read on other forums, Ian Decker of Iowa passed away on Monday morning at the age of 24. The circumstances of the incident are terrible to say the least. Not to mention, he is leaving behind a beautiful daughter who...