GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Oil weight

I tried searching thru Tapatalk & Google but didn't get any good info. What oil weight would be good for heavy track use? I'm getting to about 260 and that is on a 75 degree day. Several people including some instructors said I should move up a weight to help manage the temps better. Currently...
  2. C

forge bbk?

Anyone have experience with the forge 356mm 6 pot kit? Its the usual forge 10% sale and i'm tempted to get them but I was wondering if anyone had experienced forge products vs. lets say stoptech's 6 pot kit.
  3. C

Bbk pot and rotor size for R

Looking at a rotora 355 6 pot kit and the new racing line 345 4 pot kit. What seems to be the better pick for tracking the R since I don't find a lot online talking about rotor size and how many pistons you need vs piston area.
  4. C

Suspension noise

Can anyone help me narrow down this noise? It just started up the other day after I changed some brake pads. So far I've loctited the caliper bolts and torqued them down and that helped for a bit then it came back. Thoughts now are swaybar related or control arm related based on what I've been...
  5. C

what tires to use for HPDE

Looking at a set of 18x8.5 wheels and i have spent the last couple days staring at tire rack. unsure if i should do a 40 or 35 series sidewall and looking between a 235 or 245 width tire since it depends on brand. Considering the firestone indy 500, kumho ps91, conti extreme contact, and...
  6. C

Tire sidewall side

I looked but couldn't find a whole lot about tire sidewall and impacts on handling. Looking at the Firestone indy500 for track tires and im wondering if 245/40 vs 245/35 is a huge difference. The 245/35 has more tread width and would have a smaller diameter to reduce the chances of rubbing...
  7. C

prodigy werks bbk group buy

hey guys so I'm working on a group buy thru DBV2 out of Toronto for the 356mm progidy werks bbk. MSRP on the kit is $1,995 + shipping ($235 for me), the GB price would be $1,596+shipping if we get 5 or more kits. For reference Zacr81 on here (zacrossracing) had them on his time attack GTI...
  8. C

Mk7 5 performance pack

£2300 for the performance pack and another £2800 if you want the akrapovic exhaust. $4300USD for a freaking catback, god damn akrapovic. So for anyone in USA hoping to get one a d thought you could afford it maybe think twice now. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  9. C

Squeaky brakes

Anyone else have squeaky brakes? It only happens at <10mph and cold weather seems to add to it. Dealer said its normal for vw brakes to squeak but it never happened on my mk6 gti. Only 9k miles on my car with 1 track day, and I have plenty of pad life left according to the dealer. Sent from...
  10. C

ppf pre cut lines

Just had ppf done and the edges of the precuts are visable on fenders, hood, and bumper. Should i expect the precuts to be wrapped around the edges where possible or end close to edges. Taking the car back to get some other parts fixed, should I ask them to redo the fenders and hood and wrap...
  11. C

best bbk for R that fits under 18's

What would be the best bang for your buck BBK for the R that fits under 18. I roasted my OEM pads and rotors at Blackhawk Farms this last weekend and i'm planning on doing road america soon and i dont think some track pads and rotors will last. I've been looking at some of the OEM porsche or...
  12. C

Tire pressures for stock 19" conti

What pressure should I run on the stock 19" contis? Same pressure as street or lower it a bit?
  13. C

Track numbers

Where do you all buy your numbers from? I need 8in high by 2in wide numbers and local shop wants $40 for 2 sets of #44. They have a $15 setup charge in that number which is bs imo. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  14. C

Crooked steering wheel

So the same thing happened to my mk6. To drive straight the wheel is off center, it was a bit off when i got the car and slowly got worse but now after 4 months and springs install its even more off. Even with alignments it got better on my mk6 but it never straightened. Whats the best way to...
  15. C

USP SS lines

Anyone here using usp ss lines? Curious as to they are roughly half the price of ecs/nuespeed/vwr lines. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
  16. C

Alignment for street with occasional track use

Just signed up for my 1st track day and im wondering what alignment specs would be best for all around tire wear. Im lowered on ED springs with their rear sway, and ill be running the oem 19 pret setup. I need an alignment anyway from the spring install and my steering wheel being off center so...
  17. C

Ppf and opticoat

Local shop has opticoat plus for full car + wheels for 1200 which includes all prep work and everything. Im also thinking of doing some xpel ppf to the front due to the ammound of sand and salt they use during winter here. Im wondering if doing the half hood/fenders vs full hood/fenders would...
  18. C

Wheel/tire size ok for track

Going to so my 1st track day this summer and im wanting to get some new wheels that might be used on the track. Looking at either 18x8.5 +45 or 18x9 +45 and was thinking 235 or 245 mpss. Im currently stock height but looking to get bilstein ddc coilovers. Would i be safe to run either of those...
  19. C

No sound from speakers

So it either started friday or Saturday i have no sound for radio, bluetooth, phone, or nav from my speakers. Tried resetting the headunit and nothing. Might try disconnecting the battery trick otherwise im taking it to the dealer. Any thoughts on why it just randomly stopped? Sent from my...
  20. C

7.5 facelift adapter group buy

So as of now goup buy on the audiamant adapters for the facelift lights. Discount is as follows: 5 units: 5% 10 units: 10% 15 units: 15% 20 units +: TBD Msrp of the adapters is 253.2€ + 36.99€ shipping. Discount is off the 253.2€. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Sent from my...