GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

WTB: Golf R. Low $20s or less. White or Blue. DSG. Mods & Higher Mileage OK.

Looking to buy a clean white or blue DSG Golf R. Ideally around low $20's or less. Higher mileage ok. Mods are ok too.
  2. C

Who bought/sold the Chicago Craigslist Blue Stage 2 Golf R?

Seemed like an amazing deal Perfect mods I’m curious if the seller is here, what was your all in cost for those mods ? For the buyer, how the new ride ?
  3. C

VW mechanic in Seattle ??

Any recommendations for a good VW mechanic in the downtown Seattle area ? My friend lives there and has an MK7 gti and needs some work done
  4. C

Will MK5 17" classic wheels fit an MK7 Golf R if I use spacers ?

Will MK5 17" classic wheels fit an MK7 Golf R if I use spacers ?
  5. C

Anyone familiar with this Golf R for sale in Chicago ?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/749470550/overview/ Just wondering if maybe the owner is in this forum or if any members are familiar with the car. Im interested in upgrading from my current MKV Gti
  6. C

New Golf R or Used Porsche Macan

Im thinking about buying a new Golf R and considering the alternatives for around $40,000. A nice used Macan S is around $40k. Even a higher mileage Macan Turbo is around low $40's Any thoughts from members, in particular those who may have experience with driving both ?
  7. C

For those who upgraded from an MKV...

I have a 2007 GTI with 120,000 miles. It drives perfectly no issues. APR stage 2. I can upgrade to a 2015 CPO autobahn w/ lighting package for about a net cost of $14K. 29k miles with factory warranty until 2020 I just drove an MK7 for the first time and was a bit underwhelmed Maybe...
  8. C

Golf R vs. RS3 vs. A45 vs. Type R vs. Focus RS

https://youtu.be/IxYg1IDrJUs
  9. C

What kind of car does the Golf R "feel" like.

Im looking to upgrade from my current MKV Gti. I havent had a chance to test drive a new Golf R yet so was wondering if anyone can comment on what other cars it is similar to in terms of speed, handling, feel, etc I got some lengthy seat time behind a 2016 Audi S4 recently which I absolutely...
  10. C

Small SUV Recommendation

We live in the city (Chicago) and currently drive a larger SUV and are looking to downsize into something smaller (Our second car is a Gti) Given we put less than 6000 miles a year on it, we're leaning towards a lease We really like the look of the 2017 Tiguan Anyone know when it officially...
  11. C

Anyone in Chicago with a Golf R willing to let me take it for a test drive ?

Considering upgrading from a MKV Gti to the new Golf R but no dealers have any to test drive. Any local R owners willing to take me for a spin and let me try it out ? Of course with you riding shotgun Thanks !
  12. C

Dealer recommendation in Chicago area

Im considering buying a 2016 Golf R. I live in Chicago and am looking for a recommendation on a dealer or specific salesperson. Ideally a dealer that offers APR tuning also. And ideally a salesperson who actually knows what he/she is doing (someone who doesnt need to walk around to the back...
  13. C

What setup needed to hang with a 911 Carrera S ?

Just curious as to what type of setup would be required for a Golf R to hold its own vs. some more expensive sports cars such as a 911 Carrera S, M4, etc on a race course such as Road America, Road Atlanta, Autobahn Joliet, etc. Would Stage 2 with suspension and tires be enough ?
  14. C

Anyone holding out for the Tiguan Coupe R?

I'm itching to upgrade my MKV GTi to a new Golf R but the recent announcement of a possible Tiguan Coupe R has peaked my curiosity
  15. C

Golf R Wheelspin Question

I currently have an MKV Gti and am considering upgrading to the new Golf R. One of my biggest issues with the current Gti is wheel spin/hop during spirited daily driving. Is this also present in the R or does the haldex send power to the rear wheels quickly enough. Thx !
  16. C

What brand/style of wheels are these ?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what brand/style of wheels these are:
  17. C

Golf R or BMW X1 ?

Ive been itching to upgrade my MKV Gti and will probably pull the trigger within the next year or so. The Golf R is tops on my list but Im also considering a year old X1. For about the same price as a new Golf R, I can get a year old X1 3.5i with M-sport package and all the bells and whistles...
  18. C

Golf R vs. Audi RS3/Golf R 400 Engine Components

What are the major differences between the engines on the Golf R (300 hp) and the Audi RS3 and Golf R400 ? In other words, what components can be upgraded on the Golf R to get 400 hp ?