GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Michael gti07

cannot raise engine idle w/vcds

I've a 2019 Rabbit dsg. Just finished installing all the mounts last month , trans, engine, and dogbone. Try as I might, I cannot find the vcds option to raise engine idle. Either 01 engine, or 09 cent. Elec.. nothing... I'm using vcds v23.3.1, on a decent laptop. Unfortunately, I didn't...
  2. Michael gti07

My start/stop is aggressive at creeping speeds

I've maybe a odd problem with my Start/Stop on my 2019 mk7.5 rabbit. The start/stop is sometimes aggressive in shutting down when the engine is warmed up. I'll be creeping up to a light and it turns off at 1 or 2 mph. The car is actually still moving! No other problems, it just has that odd...
  3. Michael gti07

teardown my mk7.5 rabbit engine side mount

I've a 2019 Rabbit with 45k, and have replaced my engine side mount with a BFI, street density. So in order to get rid of my extras I took apart the Engine Side Motor Mount. Part # 5q0 199 262 bq (30.11.2018), removed just after 45k miles, and I was surprised how soft it feels. I can twist the...
  4. Michael gti07

Help, Bought decent budget front lip, but need a bit of advice

I saw it in someones post (June/July 2022 ?), and bought it in August 2022, for my 2019 GTI Rabbit. I remember the person who bought it said to replace the trash screws it came with. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0968TWZ4G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&th=1 I've no problem screwing into the black...
  5. Michael gti07

Rotten day trying to install Eurosport Camber kit

Last time I changed strut tops, bearings, and springs in my mk5 gti, I don't remember having to remove the strut from the knuckle. I also didn't have to pull the fender liner to get more room! Uggh, not anyone's fault. I just assumed it would be quick and easy to add/modify the strut top to...
  6. Michael gti07

Paint worn under cargo floor 27k GTI

Anybody without a carpet liner in back should check the area under the trunk "floor". Finally decided to soundproof my cargo/trunk area in my 2019 Rabbit, ~27k miles. Found some disturbing paint wear. VW has not equipped the Rabbit with a trunk liner for the spare to sit on, so the cargo...
  7. Michael gti07

temperature sensor under rain tray ? not secured

Help! So I got a filter cover to cover the cabin air intake under the rain tray (mk7.5, 2019 GTI), and got a surprise when I removed the rain tray. There's a little 2-wire sensor (temperature?) just wedged in, wrapped in foam. Cord's not long enough to secure to inlet position. Is this another...
  8. Michael gti07

Help! I need to Soundproof my Garage & House

Hi folks, I need some help/experience for latest house updating project. I bought a house last December and have been updating it during the weekends when I wasn't too pooped from work. It's a 4-level split with attached garage, built in 1969, with very little updating. So, due to very high...