GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

What did you do to your mk7 today?

correct, they are Fifteen52 Chicanes :D
  2. W

New to the MK7

congrats! I'm new to the club too with my 17 I grabbed in November. absolutely love this car! so much fun!!
  3. W

clutch feels funny.... opinions before I tune

yea just the housing was replaced. JB4 gets connected today now. :)
  4. W

VW shop foreman seems to think water pump when I texted him last night. my guy at my shop (ford) thinks thermostat. I guess we will find out soon. oil pan was just soaked in coolant. was only slightly below min on the degas bottle tho.
  5. W

clutch bleeder removed, holy crap that made a difference! Feels much better. much more engaging. however, while putting the JB4 and intake on I noticed a nasty coolant leak. didn't hook up the JB4 afterall and left it at the dealer this morning for some love.
  6. W

Best tune for golf r

I'm excited to get even just the JB4 on my R. the car is already a ton more fun than my 19 GLI was. but if the JB4 turned that car from a hoo-hum wanna be sporty sedan into an actually sporty sedan than I can only imagine what my R will feel like!
  7. W

Best tune for golf r

not yet. I don't have the bluetooth dongle for it yet, but I'm going to order one pretty soon.
  8. W

Best tune for golf r

thanks, that's what I thought. I'll stick with my JB4 I guess until the CPO warranty is up, even tho the EQT looks like a great option.
  9. W

Best tune for golf r

does the EQT or Cobb OTS stuff trigger TD1 status? or are they "warranty safe" like JB4?
  10. W

going to do the clutch delay valve, the intake, and the JB4 today I think. see how it goes. eventually I want to swap the AEM intake I have for an APR one, but I'm only doing it for the noise today lol next is deciding on the Remus vs CTS resonator delete. they are both the same price, but the...
  11. W

thats what I was thinking too. I worked at VW during the BPY engine cam shaft follower failure issues and only had 3 go on me the entire time I worked there (2006-2011) and my GLI when I sold it still had the original follower with very minimal wear at 130,000km. so I assumed the thrust bearing...
  12. W

with the crank walk issues I'm wondering that even with tuning that I would want to stay with the stock clutch so as the weak point is still the clutch and I'm not going to potentially blow a motor. I'm super paranoid of the crank issues....
  13. W

I got my 2017 Golf R end of November, I've put on 4000km since purchase (now has 76,000km on it) and I've always felt the clutch felt pretty light. Especially compared to my wives 2007 Jetta GLI. But it felt pretty similar to my 2019 GLI that left so I could get the R. However the more I drive...
  14. W

Show us your MK7

Just some winter shots
  15. W

Put window visors on and gave her a wash on Saturday. Love this car!
  16. W

Autocar review of the Mk.8 R.

I like the wheels a lot, may get reps for my R to replace the Prets (even tho I do love the prets). I am not a fan of the all touch button interior at all, especially in Canada where I wear gloves for a few months of the year. The nugget shifter is dumb, but I'd get it in a manual if I'd get it...
  17. W

New MK 7.5 R Owner and Questions!

This is how dark mine is. I like how the car looks with it, but visibility kinda sucks at night
  18. W

Just got her ceramic coated ♥️
  19. W

just waiting for insurance... but new Golf R!

I don't know how USA warranty works, but in Canada you can only claim rattles/adjustments in the first year 20,000km. we chased the floor board rattles for the entire first 20,000km then gave up. the sunroof is just because how much the body flexes now that half the roof is glass.