GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

Warranty is up!

Informal poll. My warranty just expired, 72k miles came and went. What would you guys do for next steps? 2018 R. Currently have an AWE catted downpipe mated to stock exhaust and an APR intercooler. JB4 on there. No flash tune. I was considering EQT vortex but I don't think I want to upgrade...
  2. L

34K1 dsg tsb

Anyone taken their car in yet for this one? I took it last week, they updated the software and update failed. What exactly are they replacing in the transmission? The auxiliary pump? I think I was the first one to come in for it, according to service advisor. Having the work done in a few weeks...
  3. L

the ol' oil consumption

I came from a 2007 mkv gti, so I am very familiar with oil consumption. Probably burned at least 1 qt every 5k miles on that engine. But, up until now, I've had zero consumption with my 2018 mk7.5. Got the 'check oil level' dummy light yesterday about 4000 miles from last oil change. Car has...
  4. L

DSG dropping into neutral

This has happened twice now. Both, nearly identical situations. I was pulling out of a business onto a main road, for about two seconds, all fine. Then, as I'm making the right onto the road, the DSG drops into neutral. Only lasts maybe 1-2 seconds and it engages again. Neither time was a big...
  5. L

Weird peeling paint

Anyone ever see this in their paint? Finger for size reference. I have no idea what caused it.
  6. L

2018 Stock R intercooler

I have a used one about 20k on it. Swapped out to APR and I would like this unit gone. Make an offer! In Baltimore, MD area for pickup/meet. I need to check, but I think I have the plumbing too. I swapped out to APR silicone.
  7. L

Stock 2018 R Intercooler

I have a used stock 2018 R intercooler for sale. I’m in Baltimore area. Make an offer. I want it gone. About 18k miles on it.
  8. L

Techie computer question

I think I have bad ram on a laptop. I ran at least 12 passes with memtest and I kept getting the same error in the memory. From what I've found online, the ram is soldered to the board. Can the ram be swapped or am I looking at a whole new mb/laptop? Asus zenbook ux31 series. I was having...
  9. L

Home theater pc build recs

Hey all. I know we have some computer nerds/experts in here. I'm thinking of building a htpc and would prefer to keep it budget. Maybe a ssd for windows media center and related files, but either an external or internal hd for storage of media files. I see all kinds of build recommendations...
  10. L

Broken iPhone 4s glass

Anyone destroy the front glass on their iPhone 4s? Apple wanted $199 to replace the phone. Probably not a bad deal considering it's a whole new phone. But, I really don't feel like forking over that much cash considering my wife is due in 2 weeks. Anyone DIY? Looks doable, but a bit tedious with...