GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Rear Dust boots

Was swapping out the rear brake pads for red stuff and found both caliper dust boots were torn and bunched up. Is it possible to replace the boots without refurbishing everything or is it worth doing it all? Any good resources? I couldn't find a good YouTube tutorial. Found the part below...
  2. G

Replacing VAQ Haldex Pump

I'd be interested to know too, it's a nice feature but not sure id shell out the same again.
  3. G

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Power pulley kit - says it has hp gain, is that from the weight loss or is it a different pulley size? In reality I'd like to see an improvement in ac than up. https://www.urotuning.com/products/neuspeed-power-pulley-kit-mk7-gti-2-0t-62-10-94?variant=13065622716471
  4. G

Replacing VAQ Haldex Pump

There is one for the PP haldex pump, not sure if they are interchangeable. https://www.shopdap.com/0cq-525-549.html
  5. G

What impact does high engine bay temperatures have on power? What kind of difference do hood vents make? Are there any other good options?
  6. G

Cruise control error

Thanks I'll give them a look possible I knocked one of them taking the wheels on and off.
  7. G

Cruise control error

Recently tried to turn on the cruise control and I get the steering wheel with exclamation point. Ran the obd11 and the only new code is U014400, lost connection with four wheel drive. Have a 15' gti so not sure what this is, or if it's related. Other things that could be related: Took of...
  8. G

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Wife got me the second car I've been as asking for...little smaller than I imagined
  9. G

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Two more wheels painted, think they are growing on me.
  10. G

Coolant leak question - I've been learning so much about true mechanics since I've always been in fabricating (see attached) And now I need to deal with the white crusty in the engine bay. There is splatter all around coolant housing with no discernable pattern. THEN there is a little near the...
  11. G

Yeah not sure if I'm skilled enough for that. Only issue we Masking and painters tape doesn't stick to the tires at all. Switched to duct tape.
  12. G

Did one wheel in space Grey superwrap. Will do the other the this weekend but wanted to see what it looked like.
  13. G

Got my new haldex pump and the weather cleared up enough to install. New rubber rings were a pain to get in, even when properly lubed. Topped off fluid, cleared the codes and went for a drive.........threw a similar but different code C11207 mechanical plump issue vs the old 04. After taking a...
  14. G

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Got some Space Grey SuperWrap for the wheels, would have preferred blacked out but the wife likes a stock car so this was a compromise. Hopefully it will look good against darker gray body.
  15. G

Busy day. I threw a haldex plump failure a few weeks ago so 1st drained the diff and pulled the haldex pump. The filter was mostly clean. Refilled the system, ensured the code was cleared, ran the car again and fault came up again. Guess I'm gonna have to get a new pump now. While I was...
  16. G

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Planning on following in the path of LastHumansGarage youtube/ username 2013R utilizing the Ultimate Racing Downpipe Catted and Resonated and possibly the vibrant resonator depending on how noisy it is. I was going to go with the 17950 keeping the exhaust 3' as far as possible. If i'm not...
  17. G

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Went ahead and got the dsg tune, wouldn't say it's amazing but think it's helping with any slippage. Separately, I have a stratified ecu base tune and I recently added a fmic and looking to do a downpipe. Eventually I would like to swap in an is38. Recognizing that I would leave some power in...
  18. G

Mk7 suspension issues/noises/advice. CLICK HERE FIRST!

I wish i would have seen this thread a few weeks ago. I had significant clunking from my rear sway bar installation, which turned out to be a loose endlink. Here's a follow up question though - Even after tightening down all the bolts, about 3-4 weeks later one of the endlinks came loose again...