GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. sheeno

Questions about upcoming SMOG check

I have APR's stage 3+ kit, EFR7163 turbo, with MPI installed and my stock downpipe will not fit without pulling the engine and putting the stock turbo back. My car is MY15 and smog will be due in March. I have been worried about this since CA switched their rules to check the ECU for tunes. Same...
  2. sheeno

Why Stoptech ST40 - 3 minute pad changes plus fluid flush

What pads are you guys using for the track? I used the street pads that came with the ST-40 this weekend at Laguna Seca, and I had no issues, but I think I would prefer more bite from racing pads.
  3. sheeno

Bay Area Track Days

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up finding inventory at Discovery Parts and ordered an M8 too.
  4. sheeno

Bay Area Track Days

Where can I get a helmet in the Bay Area? I haven't had luck with online retailers. I've been searching for a Bell M8 but am open to recommendations.
  5. sheeno

Bay Area Track Days

Signed up for 6/19 at Laguna with SpeedSF. It will be my first track day ever.
  6. sheeno

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Not really. Some gas smell on cold start but it's less than when I had the catted CTS downpipe on stage 2. California is running a checksum for stock ECU files. Even with no other modifications, you will fail smog with the aftermarket tune if it doesn't have CARB certification. I assume I can't...
  7. sheeno

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

I have APR stage 3+ right now and am in CA. I have smog due next year and I am dreading getting it passed with the new ECU verification that went into effect last July. Would it make sense to swap the EFR7163 for this turbo and stock downpipe for emissions compliance after (if*) APR gets CARB...
  8. sheeno

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Does anyone know if Volk ZE40 18x8.5 ET44 will clear the macan brakes?
  9. sheeno

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

FS CTS catted DP for Golf R in bay area. $200 obo.
  10. sheeno

Some MIB2 Units Priced at 0.01?

When you order you choose which VW dealer to go through. I chose Capitol VW and they responded via email right away.
  11. sheeno

Some MIB2 Units Priced at 0.01?

I tried to order and received this message: "The unit you are trying to order is not available through the online website. This is a direct exchange unit and runs $1,002.00. I will cancel this order" :(
  12. sheeno

APR Full Catch Can System for the MQB Platform 1.8/2.0T

If we already have the APR catch can, can we just add the PCV plate?
  13. sheeno

my tuned GTI suffered a catastrophic engine failure...

The dealer quoted me $11K to replace my golf R motor and is38, which included parts and labor. I ended up putting in a built block and full APR stage 3+ with supporting mods for what your dealer is quoting you. I hope you're able to find a used motor and get your car up and running soon!