GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. blueshirts0819

From an SI to an SE

Honda are not what they used to and even how people perceive VW as unreliable but I owned a MK6 GTI, MK7 GTI, and now (knock on wood) MK7.5 GTI they never gave me problems even both modded to APR stage 2. Also IMHO the VW MQB communities are much tighter and willing to help and share ideas.
  2. blueshirts0819

From an SI to an SE

Unfortunately I have a 18 civic hatchback sport touring and purchased it for commute and reliability after traded in my mk7 GTI. It turns out one of the worst car ever owned. The car was stock with no engine mods and within 2 1/2 years with 43k miles, it killed 3 batteries and each time these...
  3. blueshirts0819

Mk7 Vs civic Hatch

Yes, thank you for the information and if I complained and bitched enough to Honda America and make a big fuss I might of gotten the ac replacement at goodwill. But I have done some research on the replacement and not only you have to wait 3 months for parts due backlog but there are owners when...
  4. blueshirts0819

Mk7 Vs civic Hatch

I have a 2015 MK7 GTI with about 55k trouble free miles except for the leaky sunroof which in hindsight probably can diy quick fix but decided to trade it in for a 2018 civic hatchback sport touring for mpg and also reliability. The first month ownership the civic battery died while sat in the...
  5. blueshirts0819

FS: OEM Stock MK7 taillights halogen

Selling my set of OEM stock mk7 halogen taillight off my 2016 GTI. Recently moved and needed to get some of things sitting inside our storage. Looking to get $60 cash OBO for local deal but willing to negotiate if this needed to ship within 48 CONUS Please PM me if any questions thank you...
  6. blueshirts0819

FS: MK7Gloss Black VW emblem - Front and Rear

Selling my set of new MK7 Gloss Black VW emblem for $25 shipped. Purchased 2 sets and these are extra sets I have no long needed.
  7. blueshirts0819

OEM Euro LED amber turn signal rewiring

I'm trying to find out if most members purchased and installed the non wire splicing kit for the amber turn signal function for the euro LED. How many hours did it took you install the wire kit? I'm looking to purchased the kit from...
  8. blueshirts0819

FS: OEM Tornado Red mirror caps MK7

Selling my set of OEM Tornado red mirror caps came off my 1 month old MK7 GTI after purchased a black caps from another MK7 forum member. $120 shipped to paypal verified address. Please PM me for questions.
  9. blueshirts0819

Which adapters LED

During the past winter I have purchased and installed a set of OEM Euro LED for my GTI and now looking to install the adapters for the amber turn signal. The original kit came with the Euro LED looks very complicated so I'm looking into the BEC adapters since price is reasonable and little less...
  10. blueshirts0819

8000 miles and 2 new tires..really that bad

Just past Saturday finally able to head over to the dealership thinking just a nail in the rear tire to get it removed/patched and when they inspected all four, they now have to replace 2 tires. Not only was there a nail but also sidewall damage in the rear one but they also found the left front...
  11. blueshirts0819

windshield repair kit

Took a day off work today to bring the kids to the dentist and during normal day light saw a half crescent shape on the windshield size of a dime and as I suspected it was a small point impact with a small crack. I was little upset on my 8000 miles GTI so I quickly drove to the nearest auto...
  12. blueshirts0819

Sticky/rubbing rear brake - after release from E-brake

Not sure this happens more often in the colder region with moisture/water but recently once I parked the car with the e-brake pulled and come back either the next day or maybe after work on a colder day, I will hear a rubbing sound from the rear brakes and goes away after I have depressed the...
  13. blueshirts0819

Dirty dub winter mode

Winter time again, let's see your mk7 covered with dirt and salt. Actually mine is not that bad so far.
  14. blueshirts0819

Central NJ area - OEM LED and VAG wiring amber turn signal

Looking around central NJ (I'm from Bridgewater) a shop or at home garage with the know how and skills on rewiring and vag-com for the LED tail light with the amber function. The only wire kit I have are the oem ones from Germany 5G1 052 200 A / 5G2 052 200 A I have researched and watched the...
  15. blueshirts0819

Need help with a piece I broke

Was removing my MK7 GTI emblem in the rear and long story short cracked the back piece behind the emblem (is a black glossy insert behind the VW logo) Does anyone know if this piece can be purchase by itself and part# would be greatly appreciated.
  16. blueshirts0819

is it me or just the MK7 paint easily damaged

Been driving my MK7 Tornado red GTI for 4 months and already found few paint chip damaged on the hood and now just found one side of the door after car wash. I do mostly highway and urban driving during daily commute but never seen this bad on my MK6. Can anyone recommend a good paint tough up kit?
  17. blueshirts0819

Red Lola GTI with Golf R mirror and flush kit installed

Finally able to installed the ECS spacers flush kit and also the oem golf r side mirror caps. For the ECS spacers flush kit took about an hour to installed using jack from the car and little muscles to hold the tires in place for the lugs. For the mirror caps was very simple, just some care...
  18. blueshirts0819

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Did the same thing yesterday, was able to barely fit my hand in to disconnect it. Sounds much better without the fake vibration.