GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. euroadb

My GTI's Value?

So my engine just crankwalked on me and is currently at the dealer having the engine replaced. My portion of the bill is going to be around $4000. All of this headache has really made me want a Golf R with DSG now. I just feel like I'd be much happier, but financially it's always hard to...
  2. euroadb

Another failed thrust bearing victim :(

So about two weeks ago my beloved GTI took a shit. :( Started noticing my clutch pedal hesitating and popping on the way back up, car stalling, loud knocking with clutch disengaged. When I finally drove it over to the stealership, the oil pressure light came on. Thankfully VW is paying for the...
  3. euroadb

Volume Randomly Stops Working

I have an issue with my MIB2 unit where the volume knob will stop working completely. I don't think the physical volume knob is defective because it will start working after a few resets of the MIB2 or after turning the car off and on. Also, in Android Auto, the volume adjustment will get...
  4. euroadb

Weird exhaust issue???

I got an IS38 installed with APR tune about 3500 miles ago. I have a catted USP downpipe. Today while cruising I decided to step on it a bit. It wasn't WOT, but maybe like 80% at a decent pace in 3rd or 4th. Obviously, the exhaust is happily roaring, but then out of nowhere the exhaust...
  5. euroadb

Cobb Protune vs Maestro Protune vs OTS tune

So I noticed a huge amount of people on here going for protunes or etunes with either Cobb or Eurodyne Maestro. How do those two platforms compare to each other and how do they compare to other OTS tunes like APR? What are the benefits of going for the custom tune route vs. an OTS tune? Is it...
  6. euroadb

Improve IS38 Spool?

So I just got my IS38 installed and flashed with APR stg 2+. So far it's a beast and it's actually a little challenging to get used to this powerband. I know intakes are discussed ad nauseam, so bear with me. I know the consensus is that intakes aren't necessary. Does that still hold true...
  7. euroadb

Stock flywheel weight?

How much does the stock flywheel weigh? I've searched around but can't find a concrete answer for mk7's.
  8. euroadb

Why don't VW tune more aggressively?

If there's all this extra potential left in these cars, why don't VW just tune them a little more aggressively (within reasonable limit) from the factory? I was watching a video of the clubsport going around the nurburgring and reminded me how it set a record for fasted FWD car at the time...
  9. euroadb

Best place for windshield replacement?

I now have two small cracks on my windshield. One repaired for free, but still visible. I can just get the new crack repaired for free as well, but I lowered my insurance deductible for glass to $100 in preparation for another stupid crack to happen (I drive 100 highway miles a day). What's...
  10. euroadb

Final Drive Ratio?

Is there any way to change the final drive ratio on this car to fix the long gearing and just have more acceleration? How hard of a process is that?
  11. euroadb

Wastegate Adaptation Question

According to the APR video on youtube, they say to flash APR software before running the wastegate adaptation. Is this actually necessary? I wanted to finish the turbo install before driving to get the car flashed. Does the adaptation only confirm that the wastegate is adjusted properly, or...
  12. euroadb

IS38 on Stock ECU?

Is it okay to drive with the IS38 and a stock ECU tune so I can actually get to a performance shop to have the ECU flashed??
  13. euroadb

WTB: CTS FMIC

Want to buy your CTS Turbo FMIC. If you have another intercooler, feel free to offer.
  14. euroadb

Eurodyne for IS38?

Hey guys I plan on doing an IS38 upgrade in the near future so I'm shopping for software. I don't want to limp to a dealer after installing my turbo to get a tune, so I'd rather flash it myself at home. Eurodyne is hands down the cheapest option including their flash tool and all stages, but...
  15. euroadb

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

I know there are 100 threads about clutches, but I don't see much about DKM clutches on here, and when I do, it's always the twin-disk variant. How are the DKM stage 2 single-disc clutches holding up? I have a JB4 with downpipe and my clutch just started slipping. I will probably never go...
  16. euroadb

Should I Buy This IS38??

So I'm looking to potentially buy a used IS38. I'll admit I don't know much about turbos, which is why the following concerned me a little bit. Picture 1 Picture 2 When I take a look at the intake side, the ends of the turbine fins seem to have wear and even possibly scoring the side of the...
  17. euroadb

Anyone in NJ with IS38 and SMFW?

Dunno if this is a weird question or not.. Is there anyone in the central NJ area with a GTI that has an IS38 and a lightweight flywheel that wants to let me check out their car? I've never heard a car with a SMFW nor have I been in a GTI with IS38 and I want to see if these mods are worth it...
  18. euroadb

Performance Shops in Central NJ???

So my clutch finally started slipping and I'm going to have to plan on a replacement in the near future, and maybe an IS38 as well to treat myself :D Anyone have recommendations for a performance shop that specializes in VW and Audi, or in German cars in general? I know there's a ton of them...
  19. euroadb

Performance Pack LSD Service?

Has anyone serviced their LSD on their GTI PP yet? I'm approaching 30k miles, which I believe is the service interval for a fluid change for the PP LSD. How hard is this to do? Is it as annoying as a DSG fluid change or as easy as an oil change?
  20. euroadb

Engine Relay/Fuse Box Access??

Stealing another members pic for this (sorry). I'm trying to grab 12V from the circled area in the fuse/relay box in the engine bay so I don't have to bolt connectors directly to the battery. How can I remove the front cover of this box area (not the top cover) so I can easily route a wire and...