GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. euroadb

Fender Subwoofer Connector - mine was cut

You connected directly from the stock fender harness & amp to an aftermarket dual voice coil sub? How did that work out? Is it a worthwhile upgrade because it seems super easy to do.
  2. euroadb

Another failed thrust bearing victim :(

It's 100% too late at that point.
  3. euroadb

Catted or Catless

Is this true??
  4. euroadb

DSG Gearbox Bearing fault

This x1000. Make ABSOLUTELY sure you're confident of the diagnosis, and not just the stealership. I once brought my mkv to the stealership for a fuel related misfire. They thought it was the HPFP (expensive) and I thought it was the LPFP (cheap). I deferred to their opinion against my own...
  5. euroadb

Well with the disclaimer that this is based off of one facebook poll and that's all the data we have right now. DSG failures were negligible, stock clutches had like a 1% failure rate and aftermarket clutches like 8%. Keep in mind this data is most definitely skewed towards people having more...
  6. euroadb

Well the clutch kit seems to be the most influential factor since it correlates with increased chance of crankwalk. You already have the clutch; I wouldn't worry about the IS38 or tune helping or hurting the situation at all.
  7. euroadb

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

Well that makes me significantly less excited about this upgrade. Do you happen to have the part number to the MIB2 unit I would need to get? Mine is glitching out anyway so maybe I should replace that as well.
  8. euroadb

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

So as of now, it's hit-or-miss as to whether or not the APP button will work?
  9. euroadb

Can you link the poll that data is from?
  10. euroadb

by bad I reread the above posts and misunderstood what you meant
  11. euroadb

How sure are you of that? So you're saying my clutch probably isn't ruined and my DKM pressure plate isn't increasing my risk of crankwalking again?
  12. euroadb

BFI posts their pressure plate ratings. They use a 2500 lb pressure plate for stage 2 and 3. How do you like the twin disc? Do you happen to know the rating of that pressure plate?
  13. euroadb

What setup were you running where you were making 430wtq?
  14. euroadb

Thanks good to know (y) Does anyone know how much pressure the DKM stage 2 and DKM stage 3 twin disc pressure plates provide? I'm trying to put the lightest pressure possible on the crank that will still reliably hold is38 torque. Isn't the twin disc pressure plate supposed to be relatively...
  15. euroadb

Every dyno graph I look at always has is38 at slightly higher peak torque as compared to stage 2 is20, so I'm not sure. But then again I'm only looking at dyno graphs from canned tuning companies. But the numbers always seem close enough, regardless.
  16. euroadb

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Loved my DKM Stage 2 for 30k miles, but just had my thrust bearing fail on me.. Don't think you can really blame the clutch but I'm guessing the stiffer pressure plate worsens the problem with thrust bearings.
  17. euroadb

Fix bumper?

So the bumper has to be painted anyway? If that's the case I would ask the shop to see what they can do about it. Basically your only option would be to try to putty or bondo it, but it can be difficult with such a sharp corner section like that. If you leave the corner alone and repaint the...
  18. euroadb

Fix bumper?

Am I blind because I barely see anything at all in your second pic. Can you take a better picture of the damage? If it's just the small scuffs I'm seeing or just a little chip on the corner, do not bother taking it to a shop to fix. Scuffs on the clear coat can be buffed or polished out and...
  19. euroadb

My GTI's Value?

Nope, I wish I did. Unfortunately that's all we got at this point. Do you have a link to that poll by the way?
  20. euroadb

My GTI's Value?

9%, according to a facebook poll.