GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. iwannagofast

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Just wanted to post an update since my last post about my turbo leaking oil through the turbine "seal" on page 32 or so. Turns out my turbo was blown, front to back movement in the cartridge and a lot of the veins on the turbine blade were cracked, probably from rubbing on the housing. Looks...
  2. iwannagofast

Like New MK8 PCV and Used APR PCV Plate

APR Plate is sold, still have the MK8 PCV
  3. iwannagofast

Like New MK8 PCV and Used APR PCV Plate

For sale: Like New MK8 PCV: $215+shipping OBO APR PCV Plate: $225+shipping OBO Background on why I'm selling: My car had the APR PCV plate and catch can on it when I was IS38 and I liked it. When I swapped to a hybrid turbo, I noticed that my turbo was leaking oil from the turbine housing. I...
  4. iwannagofast

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

I'm only consuming the oil that's leaking from the turbo and my engine isn't leaking from anywhere else. Maybe a 1/4qt or less over 3k miles, the level on the dipstick has gone down by about 3mm and that's after messing with my PCV several times. I agree that it would "seem" that something has...
  5. iwannagofast

Hello, I have posted about my issue before, but this might be the best place to ask again since this thread is about crankcase pressure. My car has an issue with oil leaking from my Vortex XL turbo from the V-clamp between the turbine and compressor housing. It has been happening for a year...
  6. iwannagofast

Mk7R vs 997 GT3RS

I've gone on lots of fun runs like this with my buddies and their Porsches. Last time we went out, it was about a 1,200 mile round trip. Several of them have Cayman S', and one has a 911 Carrera 4s (along with a GT350 Mustang, an STI, and my cousin's '19 Golf R). When I was IS38 and just on...
  7. iwannagofast

TPC770 Golf R vs Pure800 340i ( re run )

My buddy in his E85 M240i blew 2 engines stock turbo. The best time that I saw from him was an 8.3 60-130 and trapping around 126 before the engine failure. He's good friends with me and knows I run around 7.6 considering I'm Vortex XL and E85. We've talked about running these cars now for 6...
  8. iwannagofast

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

Get a custom tune on E85 for a bit more timing, then pull your cat-back exhaust off and you'll be very close to 8's. It can be a good bit more work and cost though going from E35 to E85, so to get your time lower, you're going to be paying for it either way. I think the guy that did an 8.9 had...
  9. iwannagofast

Damn, my IS38 custom tuned GTI on full E85 went 9.63 on -1700DA. I also have an Autobahn '17 DSG, but my car was on stock wheels with no weight reduction other than spare tire removed. My boost tapered pretty similar to yours by 6500rpms, but I was at 17.5degrees of timing instead of 15.5...
  10. iwannagofast

SOLD

The TIP is sold, everything else is still available.
  11. iwannagofast

SOLD

pmed
  12. iwannagofast

SOLD

APR TIP Sold, Price Drop on the rest of the parts. I doubt you will be able to find a better price anywhere for these parts.
  13. iwannagofast

Stock air intake can be a huge issue, especially on large turbos. I was hitting 100%wgdc at 6100rpms at 33psi and dropping boost towards redline with the APR closed air intake and APR TIP. I switched to the IEV2 intake and DBV2 TIP and immediately started overboosting like crazy due to my...
  14. iwannagofast

SOLD

Bump, still available, make me an offer
  15. iwannagofast

SOLD

PMed
  16. iwannagofast

SOLD

Price Drop!
  17. iwannagofast

SOLD

I could probably do $80 and meet you somewhere. Montgomery County isn't that far away.
  18. iwannagofast

SOLD

For Sale is my full APR Carbon Fiber Intake and Turbo Inlet Pipe system. Brand new, all of these items together would cost $980.33 not including tax or shipping. I'm looking to get $500, $325+shipping OBO. If you want any individual parts, I'm willing to break up the kit and sell...
  19. iwannagofast

WTB: IS20 Style Wastegate Actuator

Like the title says, I'm looking for the wategate actuator on your IS20 turbo. I can trade for my IS38 style actuator or just pay you an agreed upon price. The PN for a typical IS20 actuator is 06k145614G. Any help is appreciated.
  20. iwannagofast

Console buttons used for garage door and dash cam

If you look back through the older threads, I made a little DIY on how to wire up those buttons for a garage door opener. I think it cost me less than $5 for the parts not including the garage door opener. You can use the buttons for whatever you want after you get the momentary switch in...