GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

WTB: Stock downpipe GTI

I am completely jammed up, I have the IS38 with an Unorthodox Racing catted and resonated downpipe (which is awesome). However, I moved a year ago and left the stock downpipe in the attic of my old house and now it's gone. If anyone wants to sell their stock dp, let me know. I'd also be open...
  2. G

APR IS38 traction question

Just had the is38 put in last week and APR tuned with the FWD is38 tune. I previously had the v2 stage 2 FWD software and loved how I could essentially floor it in first gear with little to no wheel spin. I feel like the is38 FWD tune isn't as "detuned" in first gear as the stage 2 tune was...
  3. G

Heading to Okemo this weekend, GTI ok to drive?

I'm heading up Thursday night to Okemo, staying thru Sunday. I usually take my Tiguan up, but there doesn't seem like much snow in the forecast. I have Michelin A/S 3's, but just don't want to get jammed up on some black ice with the warm weather and then freezing temps at night. Does anyone...
  4. G

IS38 install_Philly area

I've gone to Redline Speedworx, really great work, but am looking for something a little more local to Philly for an is38 install. RT Tuning in Montgomeryville does good work, but they are pretty slow and want the car for 2 days. I just need the turbo installed and tune put on and I'm trying to...
  5. G

Cannonball record, underground radar app?

Was reading an article that the Cannonball Record was just broken, pretty insane, averaging 103 mph across the country....but in one of the articles it talked about the guy using Waze, but also an "underground," police radar app. Anyone heard of this? I use Waze, but was wondering if there's...
  6. G

picked up Michelin A/S 3's

Picked up the michelin A/S 3's from Tirerack this week. They actually have a new option for install for a mobile company to come to your house and do it. It was really pretty seemless and I didn't have to sit in a waiting room at a dealership/tire store. Regarding the tires, 100% better than...
  7. G

034 RSB coming loose

I had a 034 RSB installed two months ago at a reputable shop. I had them do the Moog end links as well. Over the weekend I started to get some banging, so I called up the shop and they were like, "oh yea, it's pretty common that they would come loose. We usually have customers come in once or...
  8. G

Tire conundrum

Living in the Philadelphia area, we arguably need three sets of tires for max performance. Winter tires for, well winter, but then we have long spring and fall periods where at least morning and nights are below 45 degrees, not allowing for summer tires. Then we have summer-ish months, which...
  9. G

stage 2 vs e550 4-matic

was on the highway, started around 60 mph, pulled on him surprisingly easily. I think they're like 400hp but obviously weigh a ton and the 4-matic def pulls out some of the power, but the guy had tinted windows and I'm sure he was disappointed to get smoked :) ... Nice to take down a $60k car...
  10. G

PP sway bars

I just picked up a '16 PP, and thought I read somewhere that the sway bars on the PP is thicker than the stock GTI. Is this accurate? If so, is it still worth the money to upgrade the RSB, or not worth the cost?
  11. G

cobb tuning question

Does anyone know if it's important to find a manufacturer-specific tuner for Cobb? For example...one of the best tuners in the Honda world in the country is local to me, but he doesn't do much VW work. Does that matter, or is it like, if you know how to tune with Cobb and you know what your...
  12. G

simplify the is38 for me

I picked up a 2016 SE, DSG, PP, last week. I had a mk6 gti with a k04, so I'm familiar with the whole upgrade scene. I stepped out of GTI's for a jetta TDI (kind of hated), and now am back in. In the last week, I've read a ton of stuff, but just wanted to get some clarity on going with the...
  13. G

Oettinger 400 hp R and realistic tunes...

looks like Oettinger released some info on their 400 hp Golf R, and it looks like a turbo upgrade is required. Not that this is completely shocking, but I was/am hoping to be able to see 350-360 hp out of a stage 2 tune. If the stage one gti with intake puts you at 326 hp/390 tq, I would think...
  14. G

APR Stage 1 released

Wow! Crazy numbers for just a tune. http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html 316 hp, 381 tq. That looks like a lot of burnt tires . Crazy awesome numbers though! Very, very slight concerns: -driveability in 1st/2nd gear -can drivetrain handle the tq (DSG and axles?)
  15. G

VW 4motion? can we get an AWD car?

So my GTI is in the shop and I got a Passat loaner. I'm pleasantly surprised with the car, it's very quiet on the inside. It's not a mercedes, but for the price point, it does it's job fairly well. As I look for a new car for my wife, I want to get her a sedan with AWD. The only option VW...