GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Intake System

less things between you and the filter = more noise. remove your hood.
  2. C

Ecutek

How do I delete somebody else's video?
  3. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

It wasn't linked properly, and it needed to be run in 5th to get a pull with minimal issues from load. Final pull sheet after we switched to the mustang dyno.
  4. C

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I have a Q&A. Question: Should I dyno on a dynocom? Answer: Probably not.
  5. C

Retrofit mk7.5 bsd

blind spot detection?
  6. C

Upgraded turbo questions.

Do you have MAP and PUT sensors? I know the 4 bar PUT seems to be universal, but there is some disagreement on 4 bar vs 5 bar for MAP. I thought it was one sensor before I started down this rabbit hole.
  7. C

Front mounted intercooler

Sorry for going off topic in this ECS bash thread, but I have a front mount on my car. CTS kit, some trimming on the couplers was needed, but perfect fit otherwise.
  8. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

What time tuesday? I am leaving NY tomorrow morning, probably get to the dragon super early tuesday. Last time, I would up starting on moonshiners around 4am or so.
  9. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

You're fine, then. Just send it whenever you feel like it, there is no way it hasn't worn in yet.
  10. C

Strafe Design Shipment Missing....Strafe or USPS Issue?

Contact the seller now. They can start the process with USPS to either find the package or file a claim. If they push back or don't respond within a couple of days, dispute with your CC company. You usually have a shorter window to file a dispute than they have to file a shipping claim.
  11. C

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I put like 1300 on my southbend stage 3 before getting on it. Got to like 1600 or so before launching. Thankfully, I had a lot of long drives scheduled for work, so I got it done quick.
  12. C

Doesn't look like a huge cut. He may have removed a few grams, probably not even an ounce.
  13. C

My plan of attack was to see if I could work around the ecu being in place. If it doesn't seem possible, I was just going to cut the wires going into the ecu and cut it in half with a sawzall to gain access.
  14. C

Did the engine mount, BFI "stage 1" Trans mount... I'm too lazy right now. It's over 96 and humid already. I would do it if I had the composite ECU mount, but I have the riveted cage. Means I either have to break shit, or work around it. My fat ass gonna drive around on mismatched mounts...
  15. C

Road Trip... Again!

And don't you DARE use a radar detector in VA, they don't appreciate the whole fair play ideology. I have mine hardwired and mounted up high, thought I could run it in dark mode and not get spotted. Nope, they have radar detector... detectors, which are thankfully not completely accurate...
  16. C

Road Trip... Again!

How far inland are you going? I'm going up to NY for a wedding next weekend, stopping by pittsburgh on the way up, and coming back down by way of the dragon.
  17. C

You'd be SHOOK at how many "veteran" techs I deal with that are still mounting the same way they were shown back in 1972. You gotta lube the snot out of tires compared to the old days, the problem is almost always that the bead doesn't fully seat because of tight tolerances. And Michelin just...
  18. C

What distributor was it? I work for one, and can tell you that adjustments have a very specific warranty claim process, but are easy to do. The holdup is usually shops that don't care to do anything to support the process and think the distributor can just magically get money. Michelin isn't...
  19. C

which spoiler? I've been eyeing one like it on aliexpress, but was concerned with fitment.
  20. C

Installed roceuro stabilizer and BFI dogbone insert. Took out all the slop, very happy. Next weekend if the engine and trans mounts, and check torque on the stabilizer bolts.