GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Faster then a Mustang GT?

Interesting. Was not aware of this: https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/t997em1vikbd I didn’t cross shop a Mustang GT but I suspect some people do. Totally different type of car. However this is interesting to me because I really always thought that the Mustang GT had to be faster. Like a...
  2. F

After over a month - My only issue with my R

The car is awesome. However I have to fault VW for pairing it with summer tires that while top of the line would be worthless in a climate that half the year has temps near or below 40 f at some point during the day and around 2 to 3 months of snow. I just chucked the summer tires after a few...
  3. F

Shopping for wheels and tires for my 2019 R

So I have been searching for 4 new "18 inch wheels that could be setup with All Seasons and not cost a ton of money. Has anyone considered wheels from American Racing for their GTI or R? I found these on Tire Rack, I would either pair them with Continental or Good Year or another highly rated...
  4. F

Say Goodbye to the Volkswagen Golf R in 2020

I have no crystal ball but: So I bet the Golf R comes back for the 2021 market.. in late 2020 and a limited release. It will have 320ish HP in the US market and be in Manual and DSG versions will full car Wi-fi service in additional to all the other bells and whistles. The car will still be a...
  5. F

Evo 11 coming?

If its around in 3 years I might consider it as an alternative if I can't find a new R DSG at or under MSRP.. and if it has an auto option and is not over 44k.