GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tooly

Mk7 Gti Gasoline Leak Problem

So my journey has finally come to a satisfactory conclusion. After telling the dealer no to their suggested repair I bought the suction jet pump for $46 and was going to attempt the repair myself before getting part way into it and realized I was over my head. I took the part and the car to a...
  2. Tooly

I could but it's an hour drive with no guarantees they'll be much better. I know the service manager at a dealer 5 hours away but that's a bit of a drive.
  3. Tooly

They don't want to acknowledge that it might be the suction pump because there was no code that would point to that and even with the examples I've provided they won't go back and look at it. Hell the tech even said that my car doesn't have this pump :rolleyes:.
  4. Tooly

Thanks for the tips! The procedure calls for a special tool to remove the fuel pump but is that really necessary or can it be removed by hand?
  5. Tooly

Had another chat with the dealer and it's totally a mis-diagnostic by the tech. I told them that if you were to replace the charcoal canister, I'll be back here in a couple weeks with the same issue but out the almost $2000 you want to charge me to replace the canister. They're not budging so...
  6. Tooly

So I'm having this issue with gas leaking out onto the ground on my 2018 GTI. Took it to the dealer and they want to replace the charcoal canister and fuel cap, no mention of the jet pump. And none of it covered by the warranty extension because according to VW Canada the jet pump isn't the...
  7. Tooly

Homelink Mirror For Canadian MK7.5 GTI w/No DAP?

Here's a pic of my mirror, so no DAP, but already has auto headlights, auto dimming and a rain sensor. Where did you order your mirror? It's blocked to order from Canadian VW dealers so I think I'll have to source it from the States.
  8. Tooly

Anyone know of a R13 ball seat lug nut lock for the stock GTI wheels?

I thought maybe RAD wheel locks might work for you but I think they only make R14 locking wheel nuts.
  9. Tooly

GPS ANTENNA FAULT CODE

Had something similar on my GTI. Thought it was a bum antenna but when I took it in to get looked at it turned out they hadn't properly seated the fakra connectors at the factory. Unplugging and re-plugging the connectors fixed it.
  10. Tooly

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Where in Europe are you moving to? Zero is located in Germany and it might be quicker to source the tails once you get to Europe. You should have time to make any compliance modifications after you arrive but before you need to register the car right?
  11. Tooly

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Return the lights and harness you bought, buy the real mk7.5 dynamic tails and a harness from Zero815. The lights are OEM so you know they're quality and the harness by Zero is proven to work and his support is top notch. You may pay a little more for this setup but in the end it's worth it.
  12. Tooly

Homelink Mirror For Canadian MK7.5 GTI w/No DAP?

From all the searching I've done I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I have a Canadian market 2018 GTI Autobahn with no DAP but with rain sensing wipers. What I'm trying to figure out is which Homelink mirror part number will work for me. I know that as of the mk7.5 in the States that DAP...
  13. Tooly

Handbrake and shifter boot replacement

Yeah but their shipping prices to Canada are ridiculous, costing almost as much as the boot itself. I refuse to support a company that gouges on shipping charges.
  14. Tooly

GTI MK7 Facelift/Rabbit Front Emblem Customization

Unless you're in Canada where you could order the mk7.5 with no DAP. My GTI has the raised emblem because I didn't order it with the DAP option.
  15. Tooly

Handbrake and shifter boot replacement

Wish they made this in Alcantara with red stitching to match my Clubsport shifter & boot
  16. Tooly

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

It was American researchers who discovered the cheating
  17. Tooly

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

Also probably related to a diesel truck tuning company that was fined last year. https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/performance-diesel-inc-clean-air-act-settlement-information-sheet First you start the whole dieselgate thing and now aftermarket tunes. You Americans are ruining it for everyone lol
  18. Tooly

Linear Eibachs for GTI

I've had them with Bilstein B8's for the last 15 months and other then having to do the front fender screw mod with 19x8 49ET 235/35R19 PS4s wheels and tires they've been great. Had to do the screw mode as I was getting rubbing on the front while going at speed over large dips with the...
  19. Tooly

2020 GTI usb-c swap

I wonder if the usb C port on the 2020 also supplies greater charging power then the older USB A port.