GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

MK7.5 Headlight Housing Crack

Just an update. I ended up taking it to one dealer (VW of Burlington, in NJ), and the service manager said the bottom of the crack looks like it was the impact location. Again, based off the photos, I still don't understand how it looks like an impact.. but wasn't going to get into an argument...
  2. A

Golf R Hood

That looks pretty damn slick.
  3. A

Thank you! Both dealers, without even seeing it, cut me off immediately on the phone and that the car must have been hit by road debris or another vehicle. I think I needed some validation here. I asked both dealers if they’re familiar with any cracking issues with the MK7.5 headlights and, of...
  4. A

Been a while since I’ve been on the forums. Just been enjoying my 2018 R for the past year! Ran into my first snag, though. Car still has its 6yr/72K mile bumper-2-bumper warranty. I noticed a few days ago my driver side headlight has a long crack in the housing; not micro-cracks, almost looks...
  5. A

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I was worried they would, but nope!
  6. A

Why not get replacement paddles rather than extensions? I grabbed these and the fitment is great with no quality control issues, if you're interested. https://www.urotuning.com/products/dsg-extended-shift-paddles-vw-mk7-golf-gti-r?variant=39720168128705
  7. A

I really like those center-caps. Where did you get them? I'd like to get them with the MK7 "R" logo rather than GTI, though.
  8. A

Rattle

Verify it's compatible with your car, but otherwise yes, that should be all you need!
  9. A

Rattle

The NAV maps are loaded into one of those SD cards. If you don't have a SD card installed, that's the issue. Not sure how you go about getting one.. maybe have to inquire with a dealer?
  10. A

Rattle

Do you have an SD card installed?
  11. A

Update: Car went to the dealer on Tuesday. I told wifey (was out-of-country when she brought the car to them) to show them the pics of VCDS, and that it's definitely the evap canister flooded. They did what I expected, and said they'd pull their own codes. Didn't touch the car at all on Tuesday...
  12. A

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

Wasn't this thread multiple pages long? or am I smoking crack
  13. A

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Thanks for sharing that website! Some awesome independent testing, first I've ever heard of it.
  14. A

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Oh I know man haha. We started a war though, look what we did! Part of my decision behind going DSG is how much better it handles power. I'm not planning on ever going beyond stage2, but pretty lame the stock clutch struggles with just a software tune for 93, bone stock. Totally onboard with...
  15. A

Hahaha. It's certainly better and more visceral than a "normal" automatic, and I do enjoy that. I had a *dad car* for ~2 years after selling my Subaru, and the DSG certainly feels better than the standard slushbox.. even the 8speed tiptronic in Wifey's Jetta. I like it :) that's all that...
  16. A

......no..... yes I don't get the DSG hate on this forum 😂 I love it. I miss having stick a lot of times, but for a daily driver I prefer the auto. Especially with all the stupid stop+go I deal with on my commute
  17. A

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

It's so strange to me how many issues seem to be pinned on plugs/coils.. just seems like an easy out. You can try every plug under the sun, but if you're at 100% duty cycle at low(ish) RPM, the HPFP is struggling. I don't know how that can be pointed at plugs.. but I'm not a tuner, so 🤷🏼‍♂️
  18. A

I never had a digital dash before my mk7.5 R.. I love it. Don't ever want to go back.
  19. A

C-17 FCC here. RIP to you fighter boys