GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. H

Who else running 245s on coils?

Was finally able to adjust the coils and the car is sitting at a good spot now. The car could come down a bit more, especially in the rear, but happy with the results regardless. Didn’t get any rubbing while driving just at full steering lock which isn’t a big deal at all. Want to thank everyone...
  2. H

Alright, went ahead today and cut the strut towers. Went somewhat smoothly just took a while. Was able to adjust the camber close to max, couldn't quite reach the bolt when fully maxed out. Tomorrow I plan on adjusting the height on all four corners to hopefully get settled at a good height...
  3. H

Thanks everyone for the replies gives a lot of good insight. Will definitely adjust the camber sooner or later kind of a pita. Anyone here ever cut the strut towers for easy access?
  4. H

Nothing else suspension wise except for some aftermarket endlinks which wont effect nothin. Not sure how different the r is compared to the gti but what've you done to alleviate the rub.
  5. H

Setup: RF03RR 18x8.5 et45, PSAS4S 245/40/18, St XTA Coilovers Hello, need some tips on how y'all are running these. Had to raise the car ASAP after getting the new wheels/tires cus of bad rubbing, and as it sits now there's zero rubbing, but I need to go lower so bad. Basically sitting a bit...
  6. H

Low speed clunking noise.

False alarm was just the locking nuts on the endlinks.
  7. H

Low speed clunking noise.

Hello, about 8-9 weeks ago I installed coilovers and new endlinks on my mk7. Everything was fine for a week until there was an incident that landed my car at a collision place. The main parts that got replaced were the left fender, left wheel bearing + hub, and left brake rotor. Fast forward 7...
  8. H

18x8.5 ET43 vs 18x9 ET42

Do you think it would cause any rubbing? When I was on the spacers I rubbed on medium dips in the road without any anti-rubbing mods.
  9. H

18x8.5 ET43 vs 18x9 ET42

Hello everybody, a situation came up for a good opportunity to buy some new wheels, and wasn't exactly sure what wheel size to run with. I was mainly looking at the Apex SM-10's which come in 8.5 and 9 widths for the 18-inch option. On the stock wheels I was running a 10mm spacer in the front...
  10. H

Anybody else find their monster mats to be very slippery?

Hello, ever since I picked up my GTI from a dealership the monster mats have been insanely slippery. It went it the point where I almost got into a wreck because my foot slipped off the brake pedal. I’ve tried searching if anyone else thinks this aswell, but couldn’t find anything. The only...
  11. H

Need a new fuel door for my tornado red MK7

Thanks man I appreciate it just ordered one. It probably won't be great quality but its better than spending 120 on an OEM one.
  12. H

Need a new fuel door for my tornado red MK7

Need a new one asap. When I first bought the car the previous owner had blacked out the fuel door with plasti dip and I never liked it all that much to begin with. About a week ago I finally decided to peel all that crap off, and I found that the last owner broke multiple clips likely trying to...
  13. H

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shuenk is38

Hello everyone. I've wanted to do the is38 upgrade for a while now, and I will likely be making the purchase soon. But as of now, I'm just looking into my options. The Shuenk is38 looks intriguing but I've heard some people have issues with its wastegate. But I'm pretty sure that you can just...
  14. H

Squealing noise during WOT pull.

So at this point if it’s still a boost leak it’s likely before/at the intercooler right?
  15. H

Here they are with both of the sensors now activated. Everything seems alright to me. The manifold pressure is consistent with the boost pressure until I let off. https://datazap.me/u/hrice/log-1665868632?log=2&data=7-11-32-35
  16. H

Checked it out and couldn't find the manifold pressure line. Guessing I didn't have it selected when I logged with my accessport. Will make sure to turn it on next time for sure. I was able to get the PUT sensor to show though.
  17. H

Just did some data logs earlier today. Boost pressure consistently peaks between 28 - 29 psi. https://datazap.me/u/hrice/log-1665617255?log=0&data=7-11 https://datazap.me/u/hrice/log-1665617255?log=1&data=7-11 https://datazap.me/u/hrice/log-1665617255?log=2&data=7-11
  18. H

Haven’t really figured anything else just yet. I’ll make sure to get some logs done to check the boost.
  19. H

Just checked for the exact same thing and didn’t find anything that had any wear on it. Belt looked perfectly fine. Some pieces were kinda close but they weren’t loose enough to move anywhere near the belt.
  20. H

Oh yeah forgot about this. I’ll make sure to check at some point today.