GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

IE 200Cell HFC Downpipe and CEL

Yeah, No offense, I just try to get as many opinions/thoughts from multiple sources. I'm looking at the AMS downpipe or Milltek HJS currently as a replacement. The Milltek shows a 200 cell count cat, what's the difference between the milltek and the IE (which also has a 200 cell cat)?
  2. J

IE 200Cell HFC Downpipe and CEL

Hi all, I've looked at several threads and it seems that it may be a hit or miss item, but I'm going to have my installs done in a week and a half, part of those installs is the IE downpipe with 200 cell high flow cat. I use EQT tuning (stage 2 during install) and due to Cobb, clearing out the...
  3. J

Possibly purchasing '18 golf r

I had the car in for inspection and they noted no rust or corrosion. Engine and water pump passed with flying colors. Installs of intake, Turbo inlet, downpipe, rear sway bar, plugs and likely intercooler will happen soon. :)
  4. J

R1 Concepts Rotors??

R1's are pretty decent sized company, I ran them on my old daily driver, the rotors are pretty solid, but I'd skip on the pads, I wasn't a fan on the pads, I know many others who used R1 for other cars and I don't think there were any real complaints on the rotors (as someone mentioned pads seem...
  5. J

Racingline R600 intake question

I've looked at the ECS as well, I've heard good things about it.
  6. J

Racingline R600 intake question

In posted this in a golf r group but I haven't received any answers yet. R600 owners: What air inlet pipe did you end up using? Mix and match or full racingline to the Turbo inlet? Are the pipe sizes at 3" or larger? The shop I visited yesterday claimed that anything under 3" is wasted money...
  7. J

It's in Macomb, off 94, pretty nice dealership. All indoors. I ended up getting the golf and drove it down to Kentucky the day after. Pretty fun little car. Now I'm looking into intake, tune, etc. :)
  8. J

Yep, my current daily I flew to Texas from Detroit and drove it back.
  9. J

Thanks for the info, there's another golf r on the way home that is similar to the one I'm looking at (similar price, slightly lower mileage, but two owners instead of the one). So there's other options out there. I've also been looking at 2018 amg gla 45's, they're a bit more, have a bit...
  10. J

That's kind of what i figured.. I'll address it tomorrow. The dealership is called motormall. If I don't get warm fuzzies from it there's others similar to it out there. But it does look really clean.
  11. J

38k, I'd get a mk8, but they're priced upwards of 55k due to markups etc.
  12. J

It's actually at a dealership in Michigan. I live in Kentucky, I'm just up here visiting family and looking at cars. From what I've read that cars built in Canada could have issues with warranty work in the states. I'm not sure how true that is though. Saturday I'm going to view the...
  13. J

I think it's regarding warranty work, I'm not sure, just something i saw
  14. J

Hi all, my first post here, my current daily driver is finally failing in me after 12 years. So I'm looking at a few 18-19 R's. One of them I'm looking at Saturday, I asked about the history, it's a clean carfax, no accidents, but it was a lease with only one person in Canada. (The car is...