GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

ECU then engine light on (mk7 1.8TSI) HELP

Was able to read a scan from the OB11 showing some misfires detected on a couple of the cylinders. Time to take it in I suppose?
  2. B

ECU then engine light on (mk7 1.8TSI) HELP

Driving my 2017 Golf mk7 yesterday. I gave it some gradually more aggressive acceleration off of a stop and the ECU light came on, car went into the slow drive mode. I was only a block, or 2 away from my destination, so I was able to drive it slowly there and parked for 45 min. Upon startup the...
  3. B

Anything needed to protect moonroof from cracks, etc?

With folks talking about issues they have had with their moonroofs, is there anything one should do as maintenance to prevent cracks/leaks. I know to look for drain blockage, but otherwise just hope for the best?
  4. B

What do you do with your added HP and TQ?

That is a great sound! What do you have there?
  5. B

What do you do with your added HP and TQ?

I am curious what you all do with your performance upgrades? Are you mostly daily drivers looking for some more joy out of the commute? Found some side streets where you can safely cruise swiftly? Or, do you take it to the track/all of the above? Perhaps some even are just caught up in the...
  6. B

GIAC stage 1 props

Just wanted to give props to the GIAC 1.8 Stage 1 tune. GIAC seems to come up less often than the other big name tunes on the forums, but when they do are held in high regard. As such, I though it worth putting their name out there. GIAC have been doing what they do for a long time. Also, a...
  7. B

JB1 (Burger Motorsports) piggyback tuner FOR SALE

Used Burger Motorsports JB1 tuner. Most recently used on a MK7 1.8 TSI VW with wonderful results. A simple piggyback that plugs into 4 ports on your engine for instant increase in horsepower and torque. Adjustable and customizable via the data cable (included). Easily removable if needed...
  8. B

Advice needed: Golf MK7 1.8TSI to GTI numbers

Daily driver, not tracking it. I will be going with a stage 1.
  9. B

Advice needed 1.8TSI to GTI numbers

I realized that I posted this q on the wrong forum. Appreciate the reply.
  10. B

That is good to know (emissions compliant).
  11. B

I wanted to put out to you guys what it is that I am trying to accomplish and see what advice you have. I drive a 2017 MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI and my goal is to get GTI, (or slightly above) numbers. The factory spec on the MK7 Golf TSI is 170 hp, 199 torque. Factory spec on the GTI is 220 hp, 258...
  12. B

Advice needed 1.8TSI to GTI numbers

I wanted to put out to you guys what it is that I am trying to accomplish and see what advice you have. I drive a 2017 MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI and my goal is to get GTI, (or slightly above) numbers. The factory spec on the MK7 Golf TSI is 170 hp, 199 torque. Factory spec on the GTI is 220 hp, 258...
  13. B

1.8 TSI Stage 1 using Mac anyone?

The advantage of going to a dealer (there must be one around Chicago here) is that I wouldn't need to purchase the $170 Cheetah cable, correct? Any disadvantage?
  14. B

1.8 TSI Stage 1 using Mac anyone?

I am considering an APR Stage 1 for my MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI. Has anyone done an install via their MacBook? I do not have a windows based laptop, but was told that you can use a Windows simulator. Curious if anyone has any recommendations as I would like to do this tune from home. Thanks guys!