GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Rattle Search and Destroy Mission

Just seeing this now. Sorry. Re: electrical tape, it can get pretty gooey with high heat. Just a heads up. I use it all the time for home audio repair and it melts and deforms pretty easily. Pro tip, If you ever need to replace it and you want to get rid of the residue, Goof Off or Goo Gone are...
  2. M

UPDATE: Hi all. I’m a moron and didn’t think to pull the seats down after the fix until I had to recently. Duh. The striker pins that the dealership was talking about were literally the ones that hold the seat backs to the C Pillars and not to the seat bottoms (as they had told me). Check out...
  3. M

So I don't have a picture of the striker pins that hold the seat backs to the seat base. But this video shows how to remove the seats and at the 3:45 mark he literally points at it. My VW dealer literally wrapped that with felt. LOL. I'm sure the other side of the seat back, the wheel that he...
  4. M

MK7 Golf R is a rare breed in USA.

Welcome! And it's funny that you say that because here in San Francisco, there's a MKV R32 in gray right down the street from me. And I've seen a few MK4 R32's as well. I guess this city loves its R's. Same with any VW really. SF is a VW town apparently. There are a bajillion Westfalia Vanagon...
  5. M

GTI to Golf R?

Hmm. Not sure. I bought my 2017 late last year certified pre-owned at 15k miles. Haven't really used the native map to figure that out. I did have Premium Plus 2017 and 2018 Audi S3's (long story) and never had to pay for map/system updates. Only had to pay for the wifi/data plan. But updates...
  6. M

GTI to Golf R?

Yeah It's such a clunky system whatever they're using. I just use Carplay/Google Maps if I need it. VW's NAV is a terrible.
  7. M

GTI to Golf R?

Yeah it's definitely nice and works well. I just never found it to be so useful that I have to have it. I prefer analog needles anyway and I'm driving a DSG (missed out on a manual when I was looking but I like DSGs too). My wife's Model Y Performance is all digital. LOL. I hate driving that...
  8. M

GTI to Golf R?

Yeah it was pretty flawless and offered better switchable options. That said, I don't miss it. While the MK7 analog needles aren't the nicest looking as far as analog clusters go, they're functional and still look decent. The digital dash/virtual cockpit is more gimmick than functional
  9. M

Adding to this thread as I had the same issue. TL;DR - It's possibly the striker pins that bolt seat backs to the seat bench. Pull apart and wrap with felt. I have a 2017 Golf R and mine too had a nasty rattle sound. It is almost plastic like. I tried hunting it down forever and it steadily...
  10. M

MK7 Golf R is a rare breed in USA.

Here in SF I see them regularly. In fact there is another black one in my neighborhood with a vanity plate (ugh) and another white one nearby too. I also see to Spektrums in my area from time to time. The viper green one and the plum purple one.
  11. M

GTI to Golf R?

LMAO! Beautiful response to a completely absurd and sexist comment from Daks. I have a 2017MK7 Golf R and I love it. Prior to that I had a purchased a new, fully loaded 2017 Audi S3 in Mythos Black. It was a great car that looks beautiful. Some clown was looking at his phone and ran a stop sign...
  12. M

OEM or aftermarket wiper blades?

Old thread I know. I’m putting in my two cents since I just replaced mine. I bought Bosch Icon OE: 26, 18, 11 for the rear I put the blades in service mode, I took off the blades easily (careful not to slice your hand though) I pulled the #2 adapters off the 26 and 18 blades I snapped on the...
  13. M

FS: OEM VW MK7 Golf R 6.5” SAT/NAV DISPLAY + Gloss Black Bezel

SELLING: 6.5” VW display + Gloss Black Bezel. Came out of a 2017 Golf R w/DCC & NAV. Good upgrade for you 2015 guys with the 5” screen. Screen is flawless. Gloss black Bezel is flawless save for 3 clips - See below. WHAT YOU WILL NEED: you will need a Nav MIB brain unit in your glovebox. You...
  14. M

OEM 8" MIB 2.5 (MK7.5) Display

Thank you! I’m big on OEM+ upgrades. This display with the aftermarket wheel and custom light up paddle shifters is a great combo. I also added the ratcheting armrest. As for the interior I’m all finished. Almost... I want to add the HomeLink rear view mirror (current mirror is the auto dimming...
  15. M

No problem! Installed yesterday and it works great and looks beautiful. Here’s a before/after.
  16. M

Just an update: I received the display and bezel and it looks flawless. Haven't had a chance to put it in yet but once I do I'll update with pics. Thanks again Mauricio.
  17. M

After all the reviews here, I pulled the trigger 2 night ago. Mauricio was super easy to work with. I’m looking forward to getting it installing it in my ‘17 R w/Nav & DCC!
  18. M

FS: Golf R ratcheting armrest assembly

Yeah Man. I just took a long drive from SF to LA and back over the weekend and I am sooo glad I did this mod. You saved my arm. Haha. Cheers.
  19. M

FS: Golf R ratcheting armrest assembly

Got mine on Tuesday. Installed today. Took me 15 minutes. Easy peasy. Thanks, schwab0! A Few Notes: Use his video. At one point, he talks about 2 metal tabs and shows how they are with his fingers. Imagine his fingers are upside down. The tabs need to be pushed in toward the metal legs. Not...