GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DerHase

Ride height/useable wheel travel

So I've measured a whole bunch of shit out on my car while installing some lowering springs and a few other things this winter. I'm working on a few more parts to this video series... but in a nut shell most cars are lowered way too much. Probably mine included now. Data from the video...
  2. DerHase

Suspension Hardware Check/Audit List

I built this hardware checklist because of how much of a pain it is + how frequently I find myself ordering hardware for suspension related stuff. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JZzBmXWmrl-4BqCT4US33ct3Nc9DUjPyhsRitjYMRFY/edit?usp=sharing There is that plus more in the Resources...
  3. DerHase

Brake Adaptations with documentation and data - Let's beat this dead horse again.

I've been doing a ton of research on this stuff for quite a while, just gathering notes, doing some testing of my own, and absorbing everything I can. Finally at a point where I think it's good enough to share which will hopefully give some people the motivation to look further and do some...
  4. DerHase

New MK7/MQB resource: www.datadrivenmqb.com

Don’t want to spam the forum so this’ll be the only post about it, but I’ve been quietly working on a website dedicated to the MQB platform and track driving (and to a lesser extent - also autocross). www.datadrivenmqb.com Lots of info will carry over to street performance (such as the oil...
  5. DerHase

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

Enjoy. A lot of this was gone over in my build thread (see sig) as well, if you feel so inclined to check that out. There is also this companion document I made going over much of the same stuff in the video, though some of the concepts are better conveyed with a mouse pointer and narration...
  6. DerHase

[VA] 18x7.5 Pretorias (black, Rabbit Edition) for sale

$800 or best offer - I have tire machines and if you want different tires mounted to them we can make a deal. The Michelin's on them are in OK shape but at 4/32 and really need to be thinking about replacement in the near future. One does have a proper plug-patch done from a nail at one point...
  7. DerHase

Prepping the PP brakes for track use

This is just going to be a basic thread for info on making the Performance Pack 340mm/310mm brakes manageable on track. I've got a few videos I have strung together while doing my "OCD" track prep. Nothing particularly special, but just little crap I do to ensure stuff doesn't stick or create...
  8. DerHase

Heat problems on track: TECH. Read before adding an oil cooler!

Edit #2: Renaming this thread so I don't have to start a new one. This is to bring some resolution to this Golf R averaging crazy high temps. Has all the "right" stuff that everyone throws at these cars on track: APR IC, CSF radiator, and a 19 row oil cooler. Here's a quick summary of the entire...
  9. DerHase

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

This thread is mostly to show that everything works TOGETHER and just throwing all the garbage that everyone sells for these cars on without proper DATA results in a lot of a wasted money. If you want to submit me a log, I ABSOLUTELY NEED THE FOLLOWING (prefer degrees F, but can work with deg C...
  10. DerHase

Track DATA: DO88 IC: Before and after on stock tune plus after "stage 1" tune

So I've been collecting data on my car since I started tracking it a bit over a year ago. Here are some real world, on-track results on the DO88 IC along with relevant info for each weekend on track. There was some difference in ambient temps, BUT you can still get a general idea of IAT -...
  11. DerHase

12V Battery Low warning - SOLVED - read if you have a CTEK battery charger!

I wanted to share this because it was driving me nuts for about a month or so on my 2019 GTI. First off: The battery was replaced at the end of May 2022 (11 months ago) with a brand new Napa Legend AGM H5 battery. The battery WAS coded as a "fleece" type, with the proper 60aH rating, and serial...
  12. DerHase

Fastivus 2022 at Summit Point - who's going?

Anyone else? I'll be running in intermediate. Edit: Looks like it got moved to Sunday 10/23 due to weather (understandable - looking like it'll be miserable there this weekend) - won't be able to make it myself now on the new date. Edit #2: was able to finagle plans so I’ll be there next...
  13. DerHase

Vehicle data logging on track - anyone do it? (Going to be testing OBDFusion next week)

So I've been to VIR twice with my GTI, and before I do much to it, I'm trying to gather data before throwing cooling mods at it. I already have VCDS which is great, but I don't want to have a laptop in the car on track for obvious reasons. Also I'm not a big fan of logging with it in general...
  14. DerHase

DerHase's 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition: HPDE shenanigans

So I figured I'd start a "build thread" to document stuff I've done with the car before it gets too out of hand. The car: 2019 VW GTI Rabbit Edition - DSG. Why I needed a car: I was in a wreck at Mid Ohio in my Mazda2 back in August of 2021. I wasn't 100% sure if I would be "able" to come...