GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. DerHase

DerHase's 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition: HPDE shenanigans

Trip report from this past weekend novice school (in the dry) + autocross in the rain: www.datadrivenmqb.com/tripreports/2024tsccax2
  2. DerHase

RMS leak. OEM or try iAbed again.

OEM only. Lots of things on these cars marketed as “upgrades” are not.
  3. DerHase

What order would you do this in?

Yes, re-greasing it will likely be a regular thing. Granted - he does a bunch of track driving so that may have something to do with it. When you install it the first time, just know that you really can't use too much grease. It goes between the bar and the bushing only, not between the bushing...
  4. DerHase

What order would you do this in?

1. Unbolt axles (large bolt at hub), 3 lower ball joint nuts, end links, remove wheel speed sensor (still connected to wiring), unbolt calipers and brackets and set out of the way (on top of a box, etc so brake line isn’t stressed), remove rotors just to get rid of extra weight, remove outer tie...
  5. DerHase

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Not stock, but someone apparently made a bracket to fit.
  6. DerHase

First autocross of the year trip report is up: https://www.datadrivenmqb.com/tripreports/2024tsccax1
  7. DerHase

Oh hey. Not sure how I missed this 3 months ago... hah. I think they're a great dry tire. Last a long time, tolerate "not enough" camber, and don't get insanely greasy. The very first event they will SUCK. So if you're only doing track days I'd go and do an autocross just to scrub the tires in...
  8. DerHase

Spring rubbing against chasis after bilstein b6, ebaich pro kit, 034 camster plates. anyone ever experience this?

I discovered this a few months ago. I think a LOT of people having problems with 034 camber/camster mount noises are due to aftermarket non-034 and non-OE springs. The APR springs are friggin huge and were completely unusable.
  9. DerHase

4/10/24 Track Night @ HHR - Stormy attempts a FWD lap record (how will it end?)

FYI Arteon inner tie rods are approx 20-25mm longer than OEM. I have a pair waiting to be used once I space the steering rack upwards to get rid of the bump steer caused by the 034 ball joints.
  10. DerHase

That looks like a VERY questionable amount of thread engagement on those ball joint studs. :oops:
  11. DerHase

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

What tune and turbo? Basic retrofit right? Because I've already mentioned a few times that the basic retrofit is essentially a lateral move for an OEM MK7 PCV. Having a stock TIP is about as good as it gets... but the diaphragm still opens especially under part throttle conditions. This is just...
  12. DerHase

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Photo from the weekend. -3.7ish deg of camber seems about right if the rules allow. 034 springs/Koni SA, H&R 26mm front (on stiff) + 26mm rear bars. Kinda curious if a 28mm bar would make it better after seeing this. I suspect it might help tire wear, but not necessarily be better on the...
  13. DerHase

He did, but not on purpose... haha. I blew the SHIT out of that turn in a couple of my runs. I've since trimmed my bump stops a tad more because from you can see it get all bouncy over small undulations. The front end bites a lot harder now so hopefully that translates to front end grip that...
  14. DerHase

@GoatAutomotive I'm curious about that ARP hardware - what application did those bolts come from? And what will you be torqueing them to (I'm assuming you're not going to use the TTY specs?)? I've had the subframe out of my car so many damn times I need to think about buying some permanent...
  15. DerHase

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

That comment was in reference to 1/4mi stuff on a maxxed out hybrid turbo type situation, not relevant for HPDE or anybody on stock turbos IMO.
  16. DerHase

Coilover dilemma

How far before the car is on the bump stops? That is the single biggest thing a lot of people mess up when lowering their car. I actually have since trimmed more off of the top of my front bump stops and a bit off the top of my rear bumps and the car is SO much better now. The shocks won't...
  17. DerHase

We had two MK7s at the event yesterday that smoked like a SOB. One had some Urotuning PCV valve (not OE) + ECS catch can that filled up nearly every run. Some kind of non-OE TIP. The other was EQT S2 with stock PCV. Didn't catch the TIP used. I was running the full retrofit but with the...
  18. DerHase

Should a dedicated "XA" thread be made? My fastest run from yesterday: And my codriver got me by 0.1 sec: Looking forward to going back and forth with data this year. Need to overlay squiggly lines to compare more. Really need to get a Racecapture unit as that would speed this up greatly...
  19. DerHase

200tw tires for Track use

245/40R17 RE71RS vs 255/40R17 V730 for reference. Both on 17x9 wheels.