GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Mooseman

R to 8Y RS3

Not quite an RS3 but I made a similar jump. I love it, especially in Turbo Blue.
  2. Mooseman

Just to make us all jell.

I too was craving more power in the hatchback format. RS3 hatch is never coming here, so I went for he next best thing, a 2022 TTRS. I loved my Golf R, but this thing is at another level, even completely stock.
  3. Mooseman

245/40/18 tire frame clearance on golf R

I had this combination with 18x8 42 wheels and I had to do the fender screw mod to get it not to rub on big dips. I think that with the combination of wider wheel and higher offset that you should be fine.
  4. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

Dropping my Cadiz to free. 3 hold air, 1 hit a pothole and doesn't anymore. First one to pick them up gets them, otherwise I'm just going to scrap them.
  5. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

I've got a set of curb rashed cadiz wheels, one of them doesn't hold air, the other 3 are good and wrapped in DWS06 tires with maybe 30% life left. I've also got a spare tire donut, and a stock Mk7 Golf R intercooler that I took off my R. $50 for all of that stuff if you're willing to pick up...
  6. Mooseman

Is anyone running 9x19 et52 wheels

Stock on the R is 19x8.5 ET 52 so that should be close enough to what you're looking for.
  7. Mooseman

2017 Golf R Mods -

I have a COBB Accessport with EQT Stage 1 (91 & 93) tunes as well as EQT DSG tune loaded onto it if you're interested in saving a bit of money. I was previously on IE stage 1 91 + DSG before switching to EQT, and honestly, EQT is much better. The only reason I'm selling it is because I went...
  8. Mooseman

Thinking bout an Golf R -> RS3. Anyone do this?

USAA currently has 3.29% as their advertised rate. And even if it was better, I'm unfortunately not eligible since I'm a Canadian on a visa with no ties to the military. I have heard nothing but great things about them from my Ranger friends though, their mortgage terms were insane.
  9. Mooseman

Norcal FS/FT/WTB Thread

I've got an OEM mk7 Golf R intercooler. Had 034 install a Wagner unit in mine and they boxed up the oem one for me. First person that can do $50 and pick it up, it's yours. I've also got a COBB Accessport with EQT stage 1 91 octane, Stage 1 93 octane, and stage 1 DSG tunes for $850. I'll throw...
  10. Mooseman

I got 2.69 with my credit union and that was considered a really good rate.
  11. Mooseman

I mentioned it in a previous comment somewhere but basically I was told that the CEO Penske Automotive, the group that owned this particular dealership, mandated no markups about a month ago. I recommend looking up a dealership that's part of their group if you're after MSRP.
  12. Mooseman

It's funny, I was actually considering selling those wheels and getting the ZTF Forged 18" ones with some pilot sport 4 All seasons on.
  13. Mooseman

Yes to the PPF. I refused to drive it home Friday and took a loaner instead until it's applied, probably ready to pick up on Wednesday. And no to the markup. I paid MSRP (76k).
  14. Mooseman

It's the size of the turbo not necessarily the engine that determines lag. It goes GTI < R < RS3/TTRS In terms of increasing lag and top end power.
  15. Mooseman

Slightly more than EQT stage 1, less than stock or IE Stage 1.
  16. Mooseman

Stock IS38. I got the TTRS from Audi Steven's Creek. They told me that word came from the top of the Penske group that markups are no longer allowed. I would go through this and find a dealership that has what you want in stock https://www.penskeautomotive.com/locations/default.aspx There...
  17. Mooseman

Slightly more turbo lag than a stage 1 R, but it really pulls after. Seats area lot more comfortable and really grip you around corners. Overall I like it, though I need a few more weeks to form a proper opinion.
  18. Mooseman

I asked them not to install it but apparently they've started doing it at the port nowadays.
  19. Mooseman

Well, I said I would do it and I did it. The R is gone and the TT RS is here. Now it's just a matter of selling the accessport I just bought and the spare tire kit.
  20. Mooseman

Best Diagnostic Dealers in Sacramento, Central Valley, Bay Area

Advanced Autowerks in SF has been really good to me