GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. aegis

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Much appreciated, genuinely not trying to be rude.. just obviously unaware of the logistics behind it.
  2. aegis

Thanks for this; Also; I would think a full TBE would be big with more parts to ship compared to just some tips with a Y-pipe. Is it because you would prefer to have the muffler on-hand to fit it all up for ABE? I just might not be understanding
  3. aegis

This was timely, "for all of you in the comments, don't ask me to do this." :ROFLMAO: Pretty much sums up my question from last week. Also, any idea what diffuser he used?
  4. aegis

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

Small thing; adding all the part numbers is a game changer for lurkers like me reading through the journals. gg
  5. aegis

FS: STOCK SUSPENSION GTI non-pp

cheers, no rush.
  6. aegis

When it starts to do this on a daily, it's a tough one to swallow. I've been putting pennies away into a small fund to have everything replaced out of pocket if it gets that far. Kind of a sad reality..
  7. aegis

I agree, I didn't really want to go down that route. I think realistically, hacking up the clubsport just to get 4 functional tips would be an absolute mission. Wouldn't be worth the cost. Splitting the tubing in-line would probably be the more economical compromise. Agreed, nothing premade...
  8. aegis

Thanks for the response, the pictures helped a lot too. As someone else mentioned, it's probably easier to do as you've pictured; have it split off each pipe and not a true functional dual tip. Regardless, definitely more fabrication involved than I figured. I will probably enjoy the CS exhaust...
  9. aegis

Let's go, I remember looking through your old pictures of the corrosion. Glad they covered it.
  10. aegis

Jake, hear me out; I have a dual-tip diffuser (ebay special) that fits up to the OEM GTI bumper, and plan on buying a dirt cheap golf R exhaust for the suitcase/tips. I also have a clubsport exhaust on the way. Is it heresy to chop the clubsport tips off and weld up the duals just for the R OEM...
  11. aegis

mwoodski's 2017 GSW 4mo

So what are these, OEM golf R? Looks awesome.
  12. aegis

FS: STOCK SUSPENSION GTI non-pp

I'm in desperate need of a refresh, but not local. Any chance you're willing to ship up to Ontario? Not sure if it would be worth the cost. Post code N6A 1J3 for estimate. Cheers,
  13. aegis

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

I always shit my pants trying to figure out how to properly wash the engine bay. Did you disconnect the battery? Bag any extra parts or avoid certain parts with the pressure washer? Cheers,
  14. aegis

MQB_7.5R Build Thread

First time I've seen that dash cam brand, looks great. Does it allow for recording when the car is off to see if the tech is taking the car out for lunch? Also, the duality of man;
  15. aegis

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

This sounds like my absolute worst nightmare. If I remember right, Scott (StealthGTI) mentioned in his writeup not to touch the sub gain because it's so brittle. Good luck with getting if fixed 🙏
  16. aegis

Did you check the dongle rental thread? They are very active so I'm sure you could get on the list. I'm in Canada so I had to buy my own, they don't pass it around across the border to keep it simple.
  17. aegis

I can't speak to the UK but it took me a few years of on and off searching Facebook for a used one to show up near me. You can currently buy them Volkswagen Canada (Virtual Counter) for above 800$ CAD. I believe US dealers still have them available online as well. Check your local dealer, or...
  18. aegis

It immediately powers on when plugged into the unit. It runs on the power of the device it's plugged into. I never tried plugging it into my computer but I can try tonight.
  19. aegis

18Z Brakes installation on mk7, questions about rears?

I know this is old, but been down a rabbit hole tonight. Is it as simple as finding iron knuckles from a breaker off a golf and replacing/bolting them up on a mk7 GTI, or is it a different ball game?
  20. aegis

Wireless CarPlay Adapters for Sale

Any connection issues with the A7?