GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gingercabrio

Torqamp

Garbage product, pressure ratio of 1.4 is ~4.5psi of boost at sea level. You would almost certainly see less torque down low with this product installed than the engine makes stock. It would choke by 1800 RPM. The stock boost level of ~21psi at 2500 RPM flows 15cfm at a PR of 2.7. Basically...
  2. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

Rather the Bahamas than Florida. Google ETKA and select the link by 7zap for a parts catalogue for VW group products, or phone a rural Seat dealer's parts department. Tell them you have a Cupra with a sample VIN and you need a thrust washer. They will offer you the N revision. Ask them when...
  3. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

Dec 2017. It's still not a common issue. Like a coconut falling on your head. But also like getting booped by a coconut, it really sucks when it happens to you, and then you wish you made better choices.
  4. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

This reminds me, there is a common belief that a Fluidampr installation may prevent crankwalk. I'm not so sure on that, but it definitely won't hurt. Hey @RolfG, if I find that Swedish guy that installed lower thrust washers and link him to you, maybe you can get the same work done. You, or a...
  5. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

It's a risk even with the stock clutch. With an aftermarket one, of any kind, you are closer to the coconuts. Also, from what I've seen, the thrust washers are usually found in the oil pan intact after these episodes. That would indicate the problem isn't a structural failure of the bearing...
  6. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

The pressure is a bit higher, of course. In theory, Sachs knows what axial loading is acceptable for the Mk7 thrust bearings, because they also supplied the original clutch. Do they care? Not necessarily. Is it possible the stock clutch is so fragile because Sachs couldn't provide a clutch...
  7. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

Never underestimate the migratory patterns of the African swallow.
  8. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

Should you be worried about coconuts falling on your head?
  9. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

Your analogy is like saying, 'Crankwalk happens rarely with the Mk7 so don't buy any car at all.' I don't want to move to Florida, but even if that were true about coconuts, it wouldn't stop me doing so. However, it absolutely would give me pause next time I'm inclined to stand under a coconut...
  10. gingercabrio

Crank walk on Golf R?

It's a non issue until it happens to you. Leaky water pumps generally don't cost $6k-$10k to fix.
  11. gingercabrio

Haldex rear LSD

The SSP for the Gen IV (Mk6 R, 8J TT) Haldex gives a maximum transmittable torque of 2400 Nm through the coupling. If we assume the bevel box step up gearing is the same factor of 1.6 with the Mk7, then you can transfer (2400/(3.76*4.24))*1.6=241 Nm of engine torque through the coupling in first...
  12. gingercabrio

Haldex rear LSD

I remember seeing the procedure for doing the floor pan replacement in the manual and thinking, "Oh my god, there's a factory sanctioned way to do it now!"
  13. gingercabrio

Haldex rear LSD

https://wavetrac.eu/products/wavetrac-atb-lsd-for-vw-0av-mk7-7-5-golf-r-rear
  14. gingercabrio

GTI 6th gear into 6MT R transmission?

I recommend you Google SSP 205 if you want to learn more about these transmissions. VW has used this basic 6 speed design for nearly twenty years and as far as I know, nobody has managed to get a longer sixth gear on it. I know some people have swapped the guts (all 3 shafts and differential...
  15. gingercabrio

Remember the number associated with the gear is a ratio between the input and output gear. E.g., a 0.74 gear has some number of teeth, and the ratio of it to its input gear yields 0.74. A numerically lower (taller) output gear is physically smaller than a higher (shorter) gear if the pitch of...
  16. gingercabrio

You could do this and it would cause you absolutely no problems whatsoever, because 6th is the same ratio between the Mk7 GTI and Golf R (0.91). It's the final drive that's different. Regardless, you can't swap out individual gear sets in these transmissions because they have two output shafts...
  17. gingercabrio

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Really interested in how that holds up.
  18. gingercabrio

New Garrett Turbos for MQB

Horsepower and N-m on the same graph makes my brain hurt. You're in it to win it by 3000rpm, must be a blast. Was this tuned with a speed sensor or just using theoretical limits based on the compressor chart?
  19. gingercabrio

Looking for info on IE's turbo kit

Like I said, I hope they're just lying, and I look forward to seeing some data. Personally, for me, that GLI dyno chart is exactly where I want my car to be, so hopefully IE is in reality a bit closer to that. I'm also a little disappointed that they won't offer a low-ish torque file, which I...
  20. gingercabrio

Looking for info on IE's turbo kit

I'm not confused. They are claiming a solid 70ft-lbs more at the crank on 93 than Garrett produced on 104. Basic turbo math indicates to make 372hp at 4000RPM (and therefore 488.5ft-lbs) with race fuel (e.g., even with impossibly aggressive timing on pump gas), you need to run 29.5lbs/min at a...