GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Throttle Delay

One thing I noticed for throttle related, when coasting in neutral, if I try to rev, there’s no response, so I try again and again and on the 3rd or 4th rev there is response
  2. S

Today's Best Mounts

That makes more sense than anything I’ve heard today. I guess I might Just put that in and keep the stock arm that connects from the subframe to the trans/engine case. If the power flex hybrid doesn’t do it, then what? This one below...
  3. S

"System Protection Intervention" Start/Stop system error

Did you turn on this stop start feature with OBD11? I didn’t even know these cars engines had stop start
  4. S

Today's Best Mounts

Back at this again after a long winter. Last summer, I installed a BFI insert in the dogbone insert though and that didn’t fix it. Along with the engine and trans mounts. Still issues. How much different is the BFI dogbone insert stage 2 than the powerflex? The power flex just looks like a...
  5. S

Throttle Delay

Might as well try bleeding my clutch and brakes on the same day then. It’s literally as easy as pressurizing at the fluid reservoir inlet with excess brake fluid and bleeding via a single nut for the clutch and 4 nuts for the brakes with the goal of removing air from the system? That sounds like...
  6. S

Throttle Delay

Ya they are a VW only shop.. Could they have messed up the throw out bearing when putting in the new trans? Maybe they could’ve leaked hydraulic fluid of the clutch system when doing the trans swap? They did a beautiful job getting the upgraded clutch in it. Then I brought the Car in with the...
  7. S

Throttle Delay

Unplugging and replugging the TPS didn’t have any effect on it driving wise. Haven’t seen any codes since clearing it and the wires look fine from the TPS. Connections are also fine on the pipe that’s below the TB. I guess my throttle response these days has been fine, ever since I tried the TB...
  8. S

Clutch Position Sensor

Anyway know how hard it would be to access and adjust the clutch position sensor?
  9. S

Throttle Delay

Just cleared codes. Gonna test drive (it’s my daily driver) to see if codes come back and see how it drives. I’ll take a better look at the wiring in a parking garage tomorrow - it’s raining nonstop
  10. S

Throttle Delay

I just unplugged and replugged the connector in the red circle. Now Test driving
  11. S

Throttle Delay

Found these codes: P0638/3BEE Throttle Actuator control bank 1 range/performance P0638/3BF2 Throttle Actuator control bank 1 range/performance Thanks for the reminder to check my codes. idk why I never saw these before, somehow this is the first time I’m seeing these This is before trying...
  12. S

Throttle Delay

I don’t really know how to check for boost leaks or boost pressure problems, I’ll be honest Wait wait wait, can you detail how to find the TPS and exactly which clamps these are that you’re talking about?
  13. S

Throttle Delay

Ya ya this a legit question, I appreciate you mentioning that. I think maybe the root cause could be the trans that was swapped in. Not sure exactly then there’s anything I can do or what I would further trouble shoot. The shop would say I’m outside the warranty period. I tried explaining to...
  14. S

Throttle Delay

Look at the latest video below. I did my throttle reset thing today via the gas pedal because I was noticing weird throttle response again. Car barely started, then couldn’t get into second gear because when letting off the gas pedal in first to then clutch in, the car hesitated violently. I...
  15. S

Throttle Delay

I have a SMF Southbend stage 3 daily
  16. S

Throttle Delay

Throttle delay again. Imagine trying to blip the throttle to downshift and you have to wait multiple seconds for the revs to finally react before you can get off the clutch pedal. Yet another annoying thing about this problem. This lag is crazy. Have to do the gas pedal throttle reset thing again
  17. S

Throttle Delay

doesn't appear to be the accel pedal position based on logs
  18. S

Throttle Delay

Is there a way to fix this stupid problem? It's so annoying. I have to basically reset my throttle body on a weekly basis to get somewhat normal throttle response, but even after a reset, issue always comes back. To summarize the problem, imagine you try to rev your car in neutral to test it...
  19. S

Tuning for Automatic vs Standard

Thanks for the thoughts. Besides the DSG tune, are there any trans related upgrades like parts-wise or are the stock DSG trans internals lasting on these cars? On my manual, my stock clutch and flywheel stood no chance and slipped badly with EQT stage 2 tune, which meant I wasn't putting down...
  20. S

Tuning for Automatic vs Standard

So do DSG's handle an EQT stage 2 tune fine? No need for trans related upgrades? For example with a standard GTI, I needed to upgrade my clutch/flywheel. But for DSG, do you guys even need to do anything or is it simply a matter of doing your downpipe, and upgrading the spark plugs, and applying...