GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

dedicated track pads

Where are you buying these pads? I can't find the R4 fronts anywhere! I might try this strategy, still debating whether I go with 2-piece rotors up front or just give the stock rotors a few tries to see if I really need them...
  2. S

dedicated track pads

Thanks everyone for your input. I should have mentioned I'm also running 100TW Nittos NT-01's. DerHase what you write above makes sense to me.. As I read more about all these different options I have begun to question where the Macan upgrade is really going to be that much of an upgrade at...
  3. S

dedicated track pads

I've spent the last two hours searching through old threads but can't find a solid answer on this.. I've been running Ferodo ds2500 pads front/rear on my stock PP brakes, but I'm starting to have issues where I'm occasionally I'll have to stop sessions early (~15 minutes of driving) as they are...
  4. S

Camber plates/best track setup

I've looked through all the posts I can find on the subject but still have questions.. I track my car 3-4 times a year and I'm happy with the performance, but tire wear is a bit of an issue. I'm running Nitto NT01's on track days and usually at Chuckwalla here in SoCal, which has a banked turn...
  5. S

"Official" Lap Times Thread

Just ran at Chuckwalla on Sunday. First time there and my second event in this car, which I am still getting dialed in. Think I need camber plates next :) Track name: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway Track location: Desert Center, CA Lap time: 2:10.25 was my fastest, also got a 2:10.93 seen below...
  6. S

2022 Track Days

I’ll be at Chuckwalla on the 30th, will be my first time there.
  7. S

Maody's Golf 7.5 GTi TCR on Tracks (mostly Nordschleife)

I am 100% certain I would put my car into the trees if I tried to keep up with him.
  8. S

FS: 2020 18" Dallas Wheels $450 PRICE DROP

Price dropped to $450
  9. S

Price dropped to $600!
  10. S

Beginner Track Day: Some Questions

That is excellent advice, I like the idea of running a couple of fast laps, followed by a lap where I slow down a bit and concentrate on the right line and braking points, etc. If I can get away with my stock brakes, that would be great. So you would recommend just sitting on the new wheels...
  11. S

LOL, as I posted this topic I just remembered that I entered my M2 Competition under my profile name. It is true I also have an M2, which seems like a good track car. It's my wife's vehicle, and she might love it more than she does me. The original agreement was that I would be allowed to...
  12. S

Background: Very limited HPDE experience (2 days) and a bit of very casual autocross over the last 20 years in various cars (Saturn SC1, E46 BMW, E90 BMW). Just got a 2020 GTI which is also my daily driver. Finally able to justify a little more money on this hobby and delving further... I'd...
  13. S

These are the original wheels off my 2020 GTI SE. Removed at 11,000 miles, in excellent condition (a couple of very small cosmetic marks which are noted in the photos). Tires are in very good shape with lots of remaining tread (see pics). Two wheels are shod in Pirelli Cinturato P7's and the...