GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Cobb AP with EQT Stage 2 ECU/DSG tunes.

My car was totaled a few weeks ago. Cobb AP V3 was uninstalled from my 2017 Golf R DSG. Comes with all of the paperwork and accessories. AP was never mounted in the car, just used to check engine vitals a few times and install the tunes. See the photos for more info. Paid $1,400 for everything -...
  2. E

Suspect steals Winnebago RV and crashes into my R

Can’t make this stuff up. Slowing for traffic at a freeway interchange, going about 55mph. Winnebago RV doing about 85mph smashes into the rear of my car and sends me sideways into a guardrail. Driver gets out - clearly SMI - pajama bottoms, prison tats, and dreadlocks down to his waist. Starts...
  3. E

Mustang Dark Horse

This latest rendition of the mustang has really caught my attention, particularly the Dark Horse edition. Once pricing is announced, I may weigh my options and ditch the Golf R. I miss a V8.
  4. E

19” Pretoria’s with Yokohama Advan Apex tires

Genuine VW 19” Pretoria factory wheels with Yokohama Advan Apex tires. Wheels are off of a 2017 Golf R. Some wheels have curb rash (from the PO) and scratches from 5 years of use. Overall in good condition. No bends or cracks. Tires are factory VW Golf R size - 235/35/19 and are in excellent...
  5. E

Mk7 vs… itself. 2nd time out to the drag strip

I’m needing to be educated on drag racing… lol. Trying to figure out trap speeds vs ET vs DA, vs… whatever. 1st time out last November I ran a best time of 12.092 at 112.86mph. Car ran a consistent 112mph. Last night, my best time was a 12.122 at 109.04. Temps were much higher and we had...
  6. E

Cobb AP and storing tunes from various tuners

I’m currently tuned via a Cobb AP. If I were to get a tune by APR, which requires a dealer install, would I be able to store that tune on my Cobb AP and revert back to the old tune if I wanted? Or, the real reason for my question - this DTR turbo APR is offering has me curious, but I really want...
  7. E

Water/Methanol Injection vs E85

I have run WMI on a previous vehicle simply for the cooling benefits during the hot AZ summers. That car was not tuned for the WMI but responded well to the set up. I am seriously considering going that route again on my R, but started thinking about actually having the car tuned with the WMI...
  8. E

2017 Golf R Haldex unit (broken diff side)

Came out of my 2017 Golf R with 36,500 miles on it. I bought the car used and didn’t know the differential side of the unit had no oil in it. The pinion gear broke. The housing, clutches, pump, and control unit are all in working order. Asking $1,000 shipped from Mesa, AZ (85203) or local...
  9. E

First time out to the drag strip

2017 Golf R, EQT 91 octane stage 2 tune, all of the stage 2 bolt on supporting mods, EQT DSG tune, Bridgestone RE-71R’s. Best time was a 12.092 @ 112.86. Botched one of the starts, but all of my trap speeds were very close in the 112’s. The car seemed to bog off the start, and the last run I had...
  10. E

Stock Mk7 Golf R catback exhaust - free

Gone. Mods please delete.
  11. E

Golf R Stage 2 No Fly Zone AZ 2021

No Fly Zone is more of an open test and tune format. Line up with whoever and run the 1/2 mile. I lined up with a stock Kia Stinger, Challenger 5.7L, and a Cadillac CTS-V. The cadi was the only one that started to pull on me toward the end of the run. I got a good start and he had to make it up...