GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. E

Cobb AP with EQT Stage 2 ECU/DSG tunes.

Yes. No takers yet.
  2. E

Cobb AP with EQT Stage 2 ECU/DSG tunes.

My car was totaled a few weeks ago. Cobb AP V3 was uninstalled from my 2017 Golf R DSG. Comes with all of the paperwork and accessories. AP was never mounted in the car, just used to check engine vitals a few times and install the tunes. See the photos for more info. Paid $1,400 for everything -...
  3. E

Suspect steals Winnebago RV and crashes into my R

Yep, about a month. The hard part is, I’m already out thousands of dollars immediately. Even if I bought the exact same car, at the exact same price, with the same down payment, and financed the exact same amount - my payment would still go up $50-$70 a month simply because interest rates are...
  4. E

Hoping to get a call from Progressive today or tomorrow. I’ll know what direction to go once that conversation happens.
  5. E

Official APEX VW VS-5RS Forged 17" & 18" Wheel Thread

Depending on what happens with the insurance company, I may be one of the first to take advantage of the replacement policy on these wheels. I know for sure two are damaged. I haven’t looked at all of them. Pretty sure the car is totaled. Really bummed. Stolen car smashed into me.
  6. E

Thanks. Being that neither my daughter or I were hurt, I think that’s what stresses me out the most. I know I’ll never get back the amount of money I put into the car, but trying to get fair market value alone - never mind the thousands in aftermarket parts and countless hours I put in working...
  7. E

Can’t make this stuff up. Slowing for traffic at a freeway interchange, going about 55mph. Winnebago RV doing about 85mph smashes into the rear of my car and sends me sideways into a guardrail. Driver gets out - clearly SMI - pajama bottoms, prison tats, and dreadlocks down to his waist. Starts...
  8. E

Prices back down to earth

I just think it’s interesting to see why things are currently happening based on past decisions that have been made by lenders/sellers/buyers.
  9. E

Prices back down to earth

Very interesting info, especially the last couple of minutes.
  10. E

Sport Trucks (or at least trucks that aren't 8 feet in the air)

Owned a 2018 manual Tacoma TRD and traded it for a 2019 auto Tacoma TRD. For car guys, the Tacoma is an awful vehicle. The trans/engine/tuning combo are terrible. Has a Camry engine, tuned for fuel economy, and the transmission seems to have a mind like a skittish house cat. I couldn’t take it...
  11. E

How much time to budget for a Thermostat replacement

It’s a pretty straightforward repair. Hardest part is accessing it bc of taking off the intake manifold. I bought my car used with 24k miles, drove it about 50 miles, and immediately replaced the water pump/t-stat housing. I cleaned the intake valves while I was in there. Took an afternoon and a...
  12. E

Mustang Dark Horse

This latest rendition of the mustang has really caught my attention, particularly the Dark Horse edition. Once pricing is announced, I may weigh my options and ditch the Golf R. I miss a V8.
  13. E

APR Stage 2 to Stage 3 Golf R. Reliable or not?? Optimum power / torque level?

I’ve searched and read and read over the last year or so. What I’m reading is max 420 lb/ft torque and 500hp will keep the motor together. That sound about right?
  14. E

Two more, just because… black doesn’t stay clean for long in the dusty desert. The ride has definitely improved going from a 19” wheel to a 17”. Also noticed launching it with the 255’s barely chirped the tires where before with the 235’s broke loose through second gear.
  15. E

Automatic Front and Rear Braking

Had cruise control on last night and a small box blew across my lane. It beeped and hit the brakes pretty hard - scared the crap out of me. Foot was not on the brake at all.
  16. E

Same here. I never got a tracking number. They just showed up, which was fine by me!
  17. E

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

New full time set-up. Apex forged Sprint Line VS-5RS 17” wheels with 255/40/17 Falken 615K+ tires. Stock suspension.