GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Aaron1875

Golf R Brake pedal travel after brake change

Vehicle mk7.5 Golf R station wagon 2020 UK right hand drive It’s got 30k mls so I performed first brake change pads and discs, swapped all corners. The old ones werent significantly, worn and caliper pistons weren’t fully protruded and easily pushed back. I used genuine ATE discs and pads too...
  2. Aaron1875

7.5 R 2020 front creaky suspension

Low miles 30k mls The car displays the common squeaky creaky noise over bumps. It seems as though it’s the lower control bushes or possibly the struts (top mounts) Is there a technical service bulletin or TPI from VW ? The car is still under VW warranty. I want to be armed with prior knowledge...
  3. Aaron1875

Front suspension creak New Addition 7.5 2020 Estate/Station Wagon

Hi All I seem to have the dreaded suspension creak, is this likely to be the lower control arm bushings ? or the shocks ? Or top mount ? Vehicle has applied approx 28k mls. Is there a Uk technical service bulletin or TPI that someone can share ? I have 2 year extended warranty.
  4. Aaron1875

help! MK7 GSW Factory R Bi-Xenon lights Retrofit

Don I know it’s an old thread but wondering whether you or Somos could help. I came across this post that you contributed to about retrofitting Golf R Mk7 headlights to a Golf Mk7 2017 which allegedly had Mk7.5 BCM software /hardware ? Note I’m a novice using VCDS, I’m trying to learn. I’m in...
  5. Aaron1875

help! MK7 GSW Factory R Bi-Xenon lights Retrofit

Hi Somnus, I saw this post that you contributed to about retrofitting Golf R Mk7 headlights to a Golf Mk7 2017 which allegedly had Mk7.5 BCM software /hardware ? I’m in a similar situation where my Mk7.5 Golf TSI EVO NAV 2018 was retrofitted with Mk7 Golf R front and rear lights along with full...
  6. Aaron1875

Mk7.5 2018 Vehicle Fault lighting Error Help with coding

Hi prior to m ownership, my vehicle was retrofitted with Mk7 R Bi-xenon/LED head lights and mk7 rear tail lights. I'm assuming It previously had 7.5 standard DRL halogens, because it has the adapter conversion loom to make the headlights work. The headlights work fine aside from the irritating...
  7. Aaron1875

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

Shame we can’t do a class action in Uk. I forked out £330 to have mine replaced by a local independent and vehicle had no more than 26k miles.
  8. Aaron1875

Drivers side side-igniter resistance too high

2018 Golf Vehicle 2018 Mk7.5 Airbag mil light came on bloomin car and this error message 9440027 on VCDS, by all counts it’s the seat airbag igniter ? Whats likely cause when it says resistance high, The airbag itself ? or do the connectors wiring sometimes go faulty ? Is there a how to...
  9. Aaron1875

In-line crossover for Dynaudio tweeters

Hi all I need some assistance please with finding off the shelf quality in line crossovers that will neatly snug behind the A pillars that house my front Dynaudio tweeters in my Mk 7 Golf. Dynaudio tweeters that are fitted with the full Dynaudio upgrade system ordinarily are fed a direct...
  10. Aaron1875

It’s a discernible leak dropped 500 ml in two days. Is it just the failing gasket where the housing meets the engine block ?
  11. Aaron1875

Is this waterpump failure across all TSI petrol engines ? Does it start off as a coolant leak ? I’ve got a leak on my 7.5 1.5 TSI 2018 25k miles. My car hasn’t overheated though. Is it the impeller that fails or just that pump starts leaking water from side of engine !
  12. Aaron1875

Mk7.5 thermostat housing gaskets coolant leak

I’ve re edited this post I have coolant leak on right side of engine just above bell housing, coolant level warning light came on. I checked engine bay and it seemed nothing obvious until I noticed that coolant had been weeping collecting onto the bell housing. Having read a few posts now it’s...
  13. Aaron1875

MQB Intermediate shaft U joint issue

Anyone come across an issue with play an intermediate steering shaft universal joint ? Is the Steering intermediate shaft Universal joint a replaceable item ? I have play in a 2017 A3 8V S line, all MQB VW Audi Skoda platforms share the same column shaft.
  14. Aaron1875

Helix sub and spare wheel

I’m in same position as you were. Any joy with that supplier ? or did you source on from another supplier ? thanks
  15. Aaron1875

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/7l-extractor-pump-manual-vacuum-oil-fluid-70-170psi-petrol-fuel~c10610~p22000857/
  16. Aaron1875

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

I got Axle stand rubber pads and a Weismann tyre bolt wrench. I also received another vacuum pump oil drainer, I still have my trusted original 5 lite one but I broke the thinnest draining tube years back and needed another one. I made do with the thicker ones on all the other diesels I have ...
  17. Aaron1875

heated seats retrofit

I hope not paid a pretty penny for a diagnostic tablet with software support. This was a reply on Ross tech forum re similar query to mine, mine uses UDS protocol “ We've found an issue with recent builds of VCDS and autoscanning vehicles with a UDSgateway (like your MLB-Evo based Q5). New...
  18. Aaron1875

Admin you going to do something about the phantom/troll poster- lovevashikanar ?

Oh well, looks as though the trolls got bored and f’d off lol 😂
  19. Aaron1875

heated seats retrofit

As soon as I sort it out I’ll post it.