GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Roc-euro drivetrain stabilizer bolt torque

Fellas, I’m going to install the roc-euro drivetrain stabilizer this weekend. It didn’t come with any instructions and couldn’t find info on their site. The install is easy but I’m not sure of the bolt torque specs. The bolts that came with it are black oxide and I don’t believe they are...
  2. D

VAQ differential reinstallation issues. Please help

Wound up doing a little bit of a scrub with a brass brush tk get some schmutz out of the splines and it slid right in. Thanks for the response.
  3. D

VAQ differential reinstallation issues. Please help

Hello guys, I just swapped in a new clutch in my GTI. Went well overall. I think I’m having difficulty getting the VAQ diff to seat inside the transmission. I’ve got it in partially and I believe the splines are meshed up. I’ve got all four mounting bolts in but they are feeling tight before...
  4. D

Help please. VAQ reinstallation

Hello guys, I just swapped in a new clutch in my GTI. Went well overall. I think I’m having difficulty getting the VAQ diff to seat inside the transmission. I’ve got it in partially and I believe the splines are meshed up. I’ve got all four mounting bolts in but they are feeling tight before...
  5. D

Headlight turn signal issue pls help

Situation is getting weirder! As mentioned, I thought my battery was going south. I was in Europe past few weeks and when I returned, I had difficulty starting the car and needed to jump it a few times. I was driving back from my daughter’s lacrosse game and smelled rotten eggs which as the...
  6. D

I think my battery might be toast. Hopefully it’s not related to the issue but do you think that this could be related to the cause?
  7. D

Thanks. You are correct, I only physically replaced the headlamp. The old unit was partially working but the adaptive feature was kaput. I’ll try to plug the old unit back in to see if any power is making its way to the light. Thanks for taking the time to analyze and respond.
  8. D

Alright! Please see scan below: OBDeleven vehicle history log Date: 2023-05-19 19:44:53 VIN: 3VW547AU6HM062481 Car: Year: 2017 Body type: D5 Hatchback Engine: CXCB kW ( hp) l Mileage: 86684 km --------------------------------------------------------------- Full...
  9. D

Thanks for the replies! I did confirm VINwith dealer when purchasing. I’ll perform a Scan after wirk tonight and get back. I’ll also check the fuse lol. Thanks again!
  10. D

Are there any coding/ adaptations required in obd11 that need to do?
  11. D

It’s a brand new OEM unit from dealer. Apologies for my ignorance, I’m Not sure what the modules are.
  12. D

Ok, just a little history for context: a few months back, I was following behind a pickup truck who’s unsecured cargo fell out and wound up smashing my right front headlight and causing some aint damage. I ordered a replacement headlight unit which arrived while I was away for a few weeks for...
  13. D

034 rear main seal?

Yeah I agree. I’ve been conflicted between the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and “while you’ve got the car torn apart…..” arguments. I can’t see any evidence of any leaking and therefore will leave it alone.
  14. D

034 rear main seal?

I had an iAbed RMS on Keefer with ECS and the ship dat has been repeatedly postponed until today when they indicated the order has been cancelled. I’m not even convinced I need to replace the RMS at all as I have no indication of any leaking however this may be a good proactive measure while...
  15. D

Comprehensive list or torque to yield hardware required for clutch change.

Do Does HS tuning have a website? All I can find is Facebook page for them. Thanks
  16. D

DKM stage 2 with metal TO bearing. Already have the clutch, fluidampr and BFI mounts. Just nd hardware at this point
  17. D

Thanks fellas. I’ll check vin in morning. Appreciate the help.