GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. red450

Transmission warning light, shift selector mech replacement

Had a very similar situation with my 2016 Golf TSI at 70k. Two broken wires at the connector, causing the same symptoms as Vaks, below.
  2. red450

Some randomly hard shifts in my wife's TSI 6 speed auto

71k. I just bought it last Oct, was planning on doing the trans service at 80k per service interval. Bought it with a lifetime powertrain warranty from the dealer.
  3. red450

Some randomly hard shifts in my wife's TSI 6 speed auto

I've had some random hard shifts on my '16 Golf TSI, then last Friday morning, when I shifted from Park to Reverse, it felt like it slammed into gear with a lurch and thud. The first few shifts were rough, then it seemed to improve a bit. About 20 minutes later, I got a "Error: Transmission"...
  4. red450

Sliced my hand open in my 2015 GTI...

Got the dreaded "Transmission Error" this morning, scheduled a service appt, and had them include the trim recall as well.
  5. red450

Error: Service Vehicle

Just got this error today, and managed to get a picture of it. I have a Lifetime Power Train warranty on my '16 Golf TSI, hopefully they won't give me a hard time over this. Plus, the dreaded razor paint on the trim got me a few days ago, apparently, I've angered the VW gods.
  6. red450

Sliced my hand open in my 2015 GTI...

Took a good slice off of a knuckle this evening, while taking my phone out of the cubby. Removed the flaked piece of trim, then covered the edge with two layers of clear tape. Doesn't look the best but it's better than bloody fingers.
  7. red450

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I bought a 1 month Carista trial (went with Carista because my Bluetooth OBD adapter was compatible), and activated some basic mods (Euro seat belt warning, tail lights w/DRLs, gauge sweep, window control from remote, and etc). It's kind of pointless but I like the gallons to refill feature...
  8. red450

Golf 7 TSI 1.8 reliability

I bought a 2016 Golf TSI about 3 weeks ago, I'm loving it, and reading this makes me feel better!
  9. red450

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I decided to put in an on/off switch for my hatch light: Took all of 10 minutes to install. Next step is to swap out for the LED bulb.
  10. red450

Trailer hitch and towing

Lots of great info! I'm hoping to pick up a '16 Golf TSI AT soon, and want to occasionally pull a small trailer for general home stuff and motorcycle recover as needed.