GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Coolant Valve

Cool! I’ve been dealing with a cold winter in my USA 2015 SE - my troubleshooting has led me to either this part gone bad OR that I need a coolant flush. Was this difficult to swap in? (It’s not hidden deep under the dash, is it?)
  2. R

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Based on my understanding, North America Region MIB2 brains support Sirius XM and HD Radio, and units sourced from other parts of the world may not have specific hardware to support. I'm not sure if its a matter of a license being unlocked. Here's an example from a unit of eBay: The label on...
  3. R

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Hi folks, I’ve been reading up on here and I’ve been getting the itch to retrofit my NA 2015 GTI DSG SE with MIB1. (Backup cam, Fender, no nav; lighting package; ) I have an OBDeleven. The primary goal is to get CarPlay & make sure all standard VW options screens are accessible. I've been...
  4. R

PZEV Warranty 150000 Miles or 15 Year

I wasn't aware of this until today... and it saved my butt on 2015 MK7 GTI. I had a check engine light and OBD11 was showing a number of intermittent errors, particularly around the intake manifold. I brought it to the dealer and threw caution to the wind with the $199 out of warranty...
  5. R

Phone mount and cable routing

Funny. I just thought of routing a chunk of cables through the air vent (in my case, to hook up a Car and Driver Intellidash to get CarPlay on my US 2015 GTI with MIB1 and an MDI port), already had my angled cable picked, and after a google search, found this thread. :) Yes, there's some...