GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Map upgrades no longer working?

Here’s an answer to my own question: probably not worth the effort… https://www.motorcarsoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=3892
  2. M

Not really. I tried countless cards of various sizes and lost the will to live. could you point me to a resource for this cid business? Thanks
  3. M

It says that a compatible card should work as long as they are no 'hidden files'. I've checked all the files, renamed the card, even now did an unzip directly onto the new card: to no avail. Is there a customer helpline for this sort of thing?
  4. M

Running commentary continues... Doh moment: realised I didn't have a Pro but a Discover Media second generation (DM2). So the download size reverted to a bit over 16Gigs. Copied everything, etc. Still not working 😰 Looked up the original VW card carefully and realised it was called NO NAME (as...
  5. M

Well a bit of progress but no cigar... I attempted to use the VW DiscoverCare app to update the maps. The benefit is that it does a check on your SD card first. Initially my card was formatted as exFAT and the software rejected it. I reformatted in FAT32 and it was accepted. The joy was short...
  6. M

Good point, as it’s the 2016 model it may not. Looking at what you have, do I need all the folders or just the newer ones?
  7. M

Hello I have upgraded maps a couple times using the VW manual called "Discover Media Gen.2 (MIB) Map material update" and the related web site for map data. So far they have fitted on the original 16Gig SD card. The new data set from above (Europe maps) is a whopping 31Gig so I bought a new...
  8. M

How long before the battery runs down and the alarm goes off?

Bought a compact jump starter which I'll keep in the boot. Thanks everyone. Now last question (which shows how little I know): Where do you clamp the negative? Battery diagram clearly says not to use the negative post.
  9. M

Connect iPhone to 2016 mk7

So plan B would be... How much would it cost to upgrade to a more recent audio unit, say one that accepted both iPhones and DAB+ ...
  10. M

Looks like a jump starter is in order 😅 Any recommendations on those with compressors?
  11. M

All looks eminently sensible. There seems to be a macho size race in the various models. My battery is rated 320A so should a 500A jump starter suffice?
  12. M

I had a look and it seems like the original BEM battery. Couldn't find a manufacturing date but VW seem to say it's good for 6 years. Assuming it's the original, it has done 45k miles/ 72k km at least half on motorways at a steady 2.5-3k rpm. The battery level circle is full black (no liquid...
  13. M

Connect iPhone to 2016 mk7

My sound system is the standard one. I can connect the audio via Bluetooth but I'm really interested in the satnav showing up on the console. When connecting via USB I get the message 'phone not supported' or something of that ilk. The first VW dealer I spoke to said it couldn't be done...
  14. M

Hello I need to park my car off airport for a few weeks. I will not be able to plug the battery into a trickle charger. I know the question is a 'piece of string' one (depends on the battery age etc.) but, assuming the battery is in reasonably good nick, how much does the alarm drain and...