GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

OZ Alleggerita vs Apex SM-10. Thoughts/good/bad experiences etc? Esp with the OZ - too light? Or are they that strong?

Thread title is basically it, I see some negative OZ reports here and there, Rennlist guys tracking Porsches I've seen a couple mentions to go with Apex (which I'd not heard of till someone on my recent thread about 17s mentioned them actually, thanks again) after (often un-specified) issues...
  2. T

Factory wheel question (Austins) - cracks from bolt holes - not great, but how bad is this?

3 out of 4 wheels have these small cracks (1-2 per wheel). As near as I can tell this looks like just a crack like in the sort of surface finish/I can't feel it with fingernail in the bolt hole itself - though that is of course painted black so yeah it could be under that, but I thought I'd see...
  3. T

About to take the plunge - '16 PP, ready to switch to 17s - looking for any stories saying NOPE

So I'm in the Denver area, tired of s--ty pavement etc. Seems sharp potholes/less post-winter repair (or, slower anyway) are becoming increasingly the norm. I figure it's time to switch to 17s with appropriate tire size, and I'm not worried about ultimate/at-the-limit handling (always have run...
  4. T

Back-up / reversing camera (whatever it's officially called) "rolling" - any advice?

Sorry if this is a repeat - searched but didn't find much. My back-up camera is "rolling" like when you're sort of tuned-in to a UHF channel and have to turn that clicky dial on the rabbit ears (sorry if you are too young to understand this but I'm not sure how else to describe it). It used to...
  5. T

Clutch bleeder block - Spulen - removal near impossible - am I going to break something?

OK, so I put on Spulen clutch bleeder block. I decided to swap for ECS because bleed nipple on S one is LAME - hose barely stays on and you need two people anyway, defeating the purpose of the speed bleeder. (For the record, it's also heavier and chunkier - a possible weight concern considering...