GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ShadyMF

Urotuning O2 sensor spacer

No, no gasket. The neck is tapered so it sits in the DP without any sort of copper washer. You use the original copper washer along with the included spring washer to mate your O2 to the mini cat spacer. There is a diagram on the site which illustrates this.
  2. ShadyMF

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Soaked my IS38 wastegate arm pivot for the last 2 days to free it up. After ~20kmi it seems the lack of driving this winter caused a lot of corrosion. Sprayed it once a month or two ago and all seemed well but the P00AF code kept popping up more and more on cold starts. I for the life of me...
  3. ShadyMF

Texas - no more safety inspections in 2025

I think general safety inspections are a good idea/important for most people. OBDII / Emissions on the other hand are pointless IMO. So many cars rolling around with fucked wheel bearings / tie rods / ball joints and important bushings that could potentially end in a catastrophe. These things...
  4. ShadyMF

Intakes

Can confirm the IE Intake is probably one of if not the loudest.
  5. ShadyMF

I cant help but think a set of stiff poly bushings would do the same thing.
  6. ShadyMF

NYS new inspection requirement for 2023?

Some videos I found regarding the new system. It appears these new stations will have a webcam attached, but no indictation what its for that I could find from the videos or other documents. My guess is that it could possibly be used to make sure the certified tech is performing the inspection...
  7. ShadyMF

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

Lets all just ditch the turbos and turn our cars into high compression naturally aspirated screamers.
  8. ShadyMF

The coolest noise, stu stu stu stu No BOV gang.
  9. ShadyMF

Seeking Advice on Moderate Sportwagen buildout

:raises hand: I was stage 2 basically off the dealer lot, and believe it or not managed to make it the last 15kmi or so with an IS38 (Have 33k on the car now), still on the stock clutch. It started to slip about ~500rpms from the typical 3k RPM starting point for the last couple thousand miles...
  10. ShadyMF

I like turbos, they make cool noises.
  11. ShadyMF

Show us your MK7

At least they hide dust a little better. I should have thought white wheels through a bit more 😂
  12. ShadyMF

Show us your MK7

I am so jealous of white silver metallic. She looks great. Really love those wheels too, if I didn't see them on the car i'd probably be weary personally but they look great.
  13. ShadyMF

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

I wasn’t implying cast meant quality, I meant that the cast looks good, no obvious defects with it, pitting/pores or malformations. The welds on mine looked good and appeared to penetrate through to the inner wall. Maybe they've adjusted their process/fixed some issues? I haven't had social...
  14. ShadyMF

Out of curiosity, why are you bothering with a GESI cat given its downstream of the 02 placement? Seems like a lot of money for a certification that I imagine most inspectors wouldn't even bother checking.
  15. ShadyMF

I honestly never understood the hate around the CTS Downpipe, its a quality cast piece, the welds look pretty solid and penetrate properly. Cat quality and placement isn't the best but given most aftermarket DP's won't prevent a CEL anyways who really cares. Much easier and cheaper to replace...
  16. ShadyMF

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I'd probably go for a tire patch kit in a pinch.. The glue/epoxy that comes with that would probably hold a lot better than even gorilla tape.
  17. ShadyMF

Show us your MK7

Always loved me a sleeper wagon <3 I slept on the wagon. Kinda want to get an A4 Wagon for my next car and do what I can with it performance wise since we don't get the S wagon variants here in the states, Minus the RS6 which costs as much as a house. :(
  18. ShadyMF

OBD TROUBLE

Is #16 the 12v supply? When you say you checked, did you just do a visual inspection? I'd throw a multi meter/power probe on it if you have not done so already and start working backwards from there.
  19. ShadyMF

I'll have to look over your youtube channel about it. I did just see your post somewhere else on here regarding the DKM Defect killing your input shaft. Really glad I never pulled the trigger on buying that setup as it was one of the contenders (Although are newer revisions fixed?) and went with...
  20. ShadyMF

I saw a few of your last posts. What exactly are you doing with the trans? Just a rebuild with some better parts?