GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Maiden69

What did you do to your mk7 today?

This depend on the exact location of the GTI tips, vs the dual opening on the diffuser. You could use some regular dual tips as below. Or offset duals like below. I doubt it would be a perfect fit... I do know there are several Aliexpress sellers that will make custom tips to whatever specs...
  2. Maiden69

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Ok, I thought it was a different one, as the one highlighted title is 15.5.C
  3. Maiden69

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Ain't the comment in H contradictory to the statement you highlighted? C. don't allow changes in geometry, but H. allows for camber kits, which include ball joints.
  4. Maiden69

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Wow, those were $267 last year when I was considering the conversion.
  5. Maiden69

Rear Tires Rubbing - Corrective Options

Maybe a slight push outward with one of those fender rollers may give you the little relief you need now. If you set the wheel to push instead of roll it should push the entire area out instead of just the edge. I did that on the rear of my GTO.
  6. Maiden69

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

This is on my "I want" list. I never use the fog lights, useless here as we rarely get fog that requires you to go 5 mph and look at the road right in front of the car. Proper fogs will be installed if I can figure out how, I have a set of brand new fully sealed Ford Fusion fogs that I bought...
  7. Maiden69

OEM glass is crap, every time I had a hit on the glass it turned into a crack. I already have quite a few hits on the replacement glass and so far only one very small chip. Dealership overcharges for glass replacement. Also, every time you replace the windshield on the insurance is one hit...
  8. Maiden69

Check around for small companies, Safelite wanted $800 out of pocket with no insurance, I found a place with great reviews that only charged $350. If you had ACC I wouldn't recommend a small shop, but the rain sensor is an easy replacement and don't require calibration as far as I know.
  9. Maiden69

Intercooler recommendation

IC is probably toasted, I hit what looked I though was a coyote or bobcat, my radiator, intercooler, core support were toasted. They also replaced the AC condenser as it was bent and they didn't want to take any chances. I was able to replace the radiator with the ECS aluminum one as they were...
  10. Maiden69

Taking headlights apart

The first time you do it is a PITA, especially if you have not done some butyl headlights before so you know kinda what to expect. Permseal is a rubberized epoxy, and very hard to separate, not impossible. When people have problems is when over heating the case, as it will distort. The ones on...
  11. Maiden69

Is it perception or does that cat is 3.5" to 3"?
  12. Maiden69

Taking headlights apart

No you won't. While cutting is easier, it is also harder to seal back together without a glob of epoxy or silicone. They are not easy to open, but has been done plenty of times. Also, replacing the permaseal with butyl will allow you to open them in the event you need to get inside of them...
  13. Maiden69

check what clearance you have right now, I have 245/40/18 PS4S on 18x8.5et42, and they barely rub on the front on hard dips. Still haven't installed the EuroSport puck as I am debating getting the 034 Camster plate instead. On your 18x9, thinking they are the et45, the tire should fit 3mm...
  14. Maiden69

That... MIL Spec I worked on communication and security equipment for the first 16 years of my 28 in the Army, all vehicles/planes/helicopters I worked on installing and/or repairing their equipment used the same connectors. Even the most basic of radio mounts have them. Loved making those...
  15. Maiden69

Looking good! Quick question, is he not tuned? Or he lives on a smog tested state? All my tuned LS/LT engines have the rear O2 sensor deleted by the tuner. 9/10 adding LT headers makes it almost impossible for the front and rear O2's to reach. It's cheaper to buy 2 extensions than 4. Forgot to...
  16. Maiden69

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

yeah... or the Aliexpress copy. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804282914684.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
  17. Maiden69

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

That's a tall tire! 1" taller than the 40. I was going to suggest a 3mm spacer if you have space in the front, but I am not sure if that would help your situation because of where the tire is rubbing.
  18. Maiden69

What size tire you are using? And where are they rubbing? inside? I have 245/40/18 MPS4S and they didn't rub anywhere with my 18x8.5 et42, and now I am also running a 5mm spacer to bring them out almost flush with the fender and still no rubbing there at all, even when I was towing a little...
  19. Maiden69

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Check online for the model of your leaf blower and add "stubby nozzle", there are a lot of people making smaller diameter nozzles for a lot of leaf blowers specifically for car drying. You can also check AliExpress for those new "turbine" style hand help dryers. I have seen plenty of videos...
  20. Maiden69

You can't notice the amount of negative camber? That's the only way. I have 8.5" et 42 with 245/40/18 MPS4S on stock camber and they barely rub on heavy dips. Going with 9" et 45 or 48 and 255/35/18 with 034 Camster plates when I lower it. Should have no issues with the added camber from the...