GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SodaSnake

How to power mk6 seat that has been removed from car?

Recently picked up a seat from a 2012 Jetta (same as mk6 golf) for my sim rig. I've got it installed on the rig, but the back rest is almost completely vertical and rather uncomfortable. I've got a power supply (portable jump pack), but I don't know which wires to connect to the power. I've...
  2. SodaSnake

WTB: Spacers

Preferred 10mm/15mm, but I know most members here are running 15mm/20mm so I'd consider those as well.
  3. SodaSnake

Question about loud rear bushings after lowering spring install

So last weekend, at 49k miles I replaced my stock springs with H&R OE Sport lowering springs as I only wanted to remove some wheel gap without losing too much comfort / ground clearance. Initially upon install, I noticed a small knock sound in the rear on larger bumps. After about a day, the...
  4. SodaSnake

Question about front end suspension swap (driveshaft)

So despite doing a lot of research, I failed to successfully install my lowering springs yesterday. I struggled endlessly to remove the front strut from the pinch mount. And of course, I was using a 1/4 inch ratchet to spread the strut mount, and not using the strut spreader tool. Prior to...
  5. SodaSnake

Anyone near Baton Rouge with a muffler delete?

Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger on my muffler delete, but its hard to get a good idea of the sound from videos. If anyone near BR/Nola has done this, I'd love to meet up and get a listen.
  6. SodaSnake

Muffler Delete - stock resonator vs vibrant?

Planning on doing a muffler delete in a few weeks, and I'm currently trying to decide if there would be any major benefits to replacing the resonator or keeping the stock one on.
  7. SodaSnake

FS: H&R OE Sport Springs

Looking to sell my almost new set of H&R OE Sport springs. I purchased them from another owner who decided to go a different route with their car, but I never decided to go forward with the install and alignment. Asking $140 + shipping
  8. SodaSnake

-

Looking to sell my almost new set of H&R OE Sport springs. I purchased them from another owner who decided to go a different route with their car, but I never decided to go forward with the install and alignment. Looking to get $150 + shipping
  9. SodaSnake

WTB: MK7.5 Muffler Delete

Located in Baton Rouge. Curious what the community has to offer before I start looking at local shops for a custom job.
  10. SodaSnake

How to tell if my car has a Unitronic TCU Tune?

Purchased a used 2018 GTI. Previous owner put a stage 1+ ECU and TCU tune. The dealership replaced the ecm prior to sale to pass emissions. I called the dealership to see if there were any warranty flags on the VIN and they said no. So they never reported the ECU tune. Obviously I want to...
  11. SodaSnake

Installjng lowering springs with little automotive work experience?

Curious if this is something that can easily be done myself with some research or if it's better to pay a shop to do the job. It's my daily so I'm just worried about biting off more than I can chew.
  12. SodaSnake

Purchased a used GTI that had a Uni Stage 1+ ECU and TCU.

So I just purchased a 2018 GTI Is from carmax. Whenever I had it shipped in, It failed to pass emissions. After some conversations we determined that it was most likely a tune and the ECM was replaced. After I purchased the vehicle, I messaged a few tuning companies and determined that the car...
  13. SodaSnake

WTB: Mk7 GTI JB1

Title
  14. SodaSnake

WTB: JB4

Looking to pick up a JB4 unit for my new MK7.5. Local to the Baton Rouge area.
  15. SodaSnake

WTB: 1-inch drop springs

I was in the market for some H&R OE Sport springs, but curious if anyone here had anything similar.
  16. SodaSnake

How to get Stage 2 GTI to pass OBD emissions?

I purchased a used 2016 MK7 and I'm unable to pass an OBD emissions test due to O2 sensors not being ready. Trying to get it to pass. List of mods: - IS38 Turbo - CTS Downpipe - CTS Turbo-back exhaust - Unknown ECM - Unitronic Stage II Tune Just want to pass this...
  17. SodaSnake

WTB: 2016 MK7 stock downpipe

Located near Baton Rouge, LA. Local or shipping is cool.