GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SodaSnake

How to power mk6 seat that has been removed from car?

https://app.box.com/s/pr6eew68j1y9zjfr26tfclytzjpov9ho/file/47335199765 Seller sent me that link, just need to figure out how to decipher it. 🤓
  2. SodaSnake

Now that I'm returning to it, I think those three wires may perhaps be directional? I'm pretty sure the smaller black housing is for the controls and the larger one goes to the seat motor itself. So it may send power to one of the two large positive leads depending on the direction it needs to...
  3. SodaSnake

I guess a pic would've been helpful 😅 There are four plugs, I'm assuming for backrest, heater, and airbags.
  4. SodaSnake

Recently picked up a seat from a 2012 Jetta (same as mk6 golf) for my sim rig. I've got it installed on the rig, but the back rest is almost completely vertical and rather uncomfortable. I've got a power supply (portable jump pack), but I don't know which wires to connect to the power. I've...
  5. SodaSnake

SOLD18 inch Pretoria's

PM'ing
  6. SodaSnake

FS: VW Nogaro with Michelin X-ICE Snow Tires - $800 OBO

Definitely feel that, just thought I'd ask. GLWS
  7. SodaSnake

FS: VW Nogaro with Michelin X-ICE Snow Tires - $800 OBO

Don't need winter tires here in Louisiana, but I'm interested in the wheels if you'd be willing to sell them without the tires.
  8. SodaSnake

WTB: Spacers

Preferred 10mm/15mm, but I know most members here are running 15mm/20mm so I'd consider those as well.
  9. SodaSnake

FS: ECS Wheel Spacers (2x10mm, 2x15mm) and Extended Wheel Bolts ($165)

Still trying to part with these?
  10. SodaSnake

Question about loud rear bushings after lowering spring install

Not entirely sure if the suspension was loaded when they were tightened or not. Should they be? My guy is coming by this weekend to give everything another look, so I'm asking so I know what to tell him.
  11. SodaSnake

Solid advice. I didn't do the install myself solely because I was intimidated by the front. But the rear seems straightforward enough that I may just tear it down and reinstall this week just to make sure something wasn't installed improperly.
  12. SodaSnake

The guy that did the install checked it out last night, and he was saying that he noticed the sound coming from the control arm. That's why we originally attributed it to the shock bushings.
  13. SodaSnake

No worries. Here's a clip of the sound if it helps.
  14. SodaSnake

In the front? I didn't replace the bearings, but I don't think that would cause issues in the rear, right? All the hardware removed was replaced minus the bearings in the front. I don't think the rear has bearings. The rear strut mounts weren't replaced either.
  15. SodaSnake

So last weekend, at 49k miles I replaced my stock springs with H&R OE Sport lowering springs as I only wanted to remove some wheel gap without losing too much comfort / ground clearance. Initially upon install, I noticed a small knock sound in the rear on larger bumps. After about a day, the...
  16. SodaSnake

Question about front end suspension swap (driveshaft)

So despite doing a lot of research, I failed to successfully install my lowering springs yesterday. I struggled endlessly to remove the front strut from the pinch mount. And of course, I was using a 1/4 inch ratchet to spread the strut mount, and not using the strut spreader tool. Prior to...